Ilford collision: Car hits at least “five” other vehicles in residential road
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a driver collided with “between five to eight cars” in a street just after midnight in the early hours of Thursday.
The unidentified driver fled the scene in Hampton Road, Ilford, before police arrived around 12.40am.
The black Honda car was left abandoned in the street with its lights on and the vehicle’s bonnet raised.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “It looked as though the car had been in a collision.
“The vehicle had collided with other cars - something like four or five before the driver decamped.”
A Hampton Road resident, who did not wish to be named, said he returned home just 10 minutes before the incident.
He said: “I came home to see the footage on CCTV of the driver losing control at speeds in excess of 70mph and spinning around a full 360 degrees before [the car] came to a standstill.
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Labour wins Mayfield seats in delayed election
- 5 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 6 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
- 9 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 10 Redbridge poetry group appeals for new members after pandemic pause
“The driver casually gets out and ran like nothing happened.”
The resident said he believes around “eight cars” were damaged in the incident.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you see it? We would like to hear from you. Please call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3825