Ilford collision: Car hits at least “five” other vehicles in residential road
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a driver collided with “between five to eight cars” in a street just after midnight in the early hours of Thursday.
The unidentified driver fled the scene in Hampton Road, Ilford, before police arrived around 12.40am.
The black Honda car was left abandoned in the street with its lights on and the vehicle’s bonnet raised.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “It looked as though the car had been in a collision.
“The vehicle had collided with other cars - something like four or five before the driver decamped.”
You may also want to watch:
A Hampton Road resident, who did not wish to be named, said he returned home just 10 minutes before the incident.
He said: “I came home to see the footage on CCTV of the driver losing control at speeds in excess of 70mph and spinning around a full 360 degrees before [the car] came to a standstill.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
“The driver casually gets out and ran like nothing happened.”
The resident said he believes around “eight cars” were damaged in the incident.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you see it? We would like to hear from you. Please call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3825