Ilford collision: Car hits at least “five” other vehicles in residential road
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a driver collided with “between five to eight cars” in a street just after midnight in the early hours of Thursday.
The unidentified driver fled the scene in Hampton Road, Ilford, before police arrived around 12.40am.
The black Honda car was left abandoned in the street with its lights on and the vehicle’s bonnet raised.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “It looked as though the car had been in a collision.
“The vehicle had collided with other cars - something like four or five before the driver decamped.”
You may also want to watch:
A Hampton Road resident, who did not wish to be named, said he returned home just 10 minutes before the incident.
He said: “I came home to see the footage on CCTV of the driver losing control at speeds in excess of 70mph and spinning around a full 360 degrees before [the car] came to a standstill.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 9 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
“The driver casually gets out and ran like nothing happened.”
The resident said he believes around “eight cars” were damaged in the incident.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you see it? We would like to hear from you. Please call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3825