Ilford collision: Car hits at least “five” other vehicles in residential road
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a driver collided with “between five to eight cars” in a street just after midnight in the early hours of Thursday.
The unidentified driver fled the scene in Hampton Road, Ilford, before police arrived around 12.40am.
The black Honda car was left abandoned in the street with its lights on and the vehicle’s bonnet raised.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “It looked as though the car had been in a collision.
“The vehicle had collided with other cars - something like four or five before the driver decamped.”
You may also want to watch:
A Hampton Road resident, who did not wish to be named, said he returned home just 10 minutes before the incident.
He said: “I came home to see the footage on CCTV of the driver losing control at speeds in excess of 70mph and spinning around a full 360 degrees before [the car] came to a standstill.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
“The driver casually gets out and ran like nothing happened.”
The resident said he believes around “eight cars” were damaged in the incident.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you see it? We would like to hear from you. Please call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3825