Ilford church set to open centenary exhibition
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 photos documenting a century of change in a church’s community will be on display from this weekend.
The Church of St Margaret of Antioch, in Balfour Road, Ilford, will open its doors to the public for the free exhibition run over the next two weekends.
Father Stephen Pugh has been working hard with a number of collaborators to set up the exhibition.
He said: “The pictures depict the different events which have been happening in the church and the around the local community.
“People should come down because it is a great historical document of the last 100 years.”
You may also want to watch:
Father Pugh was keen to thank those who had helped the church organise the displays.
“People have been very good and helpful at searching for old photos and letting us borrow them,” he said.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 6 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
St Margaret’s at 100 runs this Saturday September 27 and Sunday September 28 and on October 4 and 5 from noon to 4pm at St Margaret of Antioch, Balfour Road, IG1 4HZ