Ilford church set to open centenary exhibition
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 photos documenting a century of change in a church’s community will be on display from this weekend.
The Church of St Margaret of Antioch, in Balfour Road, Ilford, will open its doors to the public for the free exhibition run over the next two weekends.
Father Stephen Pugh has been working hard with a number of collaborators to set up the exhibition.
He said: “The pictures depict the different events which have been happening in the church and the around the local community.
“People should come down because it is a great historical document of the last 100 years.”
You may also want to watch:
Father Pugh was keen to thank those who had helped the church organise the displays.
“People have been very good and helpful at searching for old photos and letting us borrow them,” he said.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Council leader urges government to fund flood prevention measures
St Margaret’s at 100 runs this Saturday September 27 and Sunday September 28 and on October 4 and 5 from noon to 4pm at St Margaret of Antioch, Balfour Road, IG1 4HZ