Ilford church set to open centenary exhibition
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 photos documenting a century of change in a church’s community will be on display from this weekend.
The Church of St Margaret of Antioch, in Balfour Road, Ilford, will open its doors to the public for the free exhibition run over the next two weekends.
Father Stephen Pugh has been working hard with a number of collaborators to set up the exhibition.
He said: “The pictures depict the different events which have been happening in the church and the around the local community.
“People should come down because it is a great historical document of the last 100 years.”
You may also want to watch:
Father Pugh was keen to thank those who had helped the church organise the displays.
“People have been very good and helpful at searching for old photos and letting us borrow them,” he said.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
St Margaret’s at 100 runs this Saturday September 27 and Sunday September 28 and on October 4 and 5 from noon to 4pm at St Margaret of Antioch, Balfour Road, IG1 4HZ