Three car crash in Ilford town centre prompts road closures
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been injured following a three car crash in Ilford town centre.
Three fire engines and specialist fire unit were called to reports of a crash at the junction of High Road and Green Lane at 12.36pm today, June 21. Firefighters cut loose an injured woman trapped inside one of the cars and two men were also injured.
Their conditions are not yet known and emergency services have been contacted to confirm
Road closures were put in place following a car crash and traffic in neighbouring roads is moving slowly.
Fire brigades from Barking, Dagenham, Ilford and East Ham attended, with 16 firefighters responding in total.
You may also want to watch:
Photos from the scene also appear to show several police cars and ambulances responding to an incident.
The Recorder has contacted emergency services to find out what has happened.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space
Updates to follow.