Three car crash in Ilford town centre prompts road closures
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been injured following a three car crash in Ilford town centre.
Three fire engines and specialist fire unit were called to reports of a crash at the junction of High Road and Green Lane at 12.36pm today, June 21. Firefighters cut loose an injured woman trapped inside one of the cars and two men were also injured.
Their conditions are not yet known and emergency services have been contacted to confirm
Road closures were put in place following a car crash and traffic in neighbouring roads is moving slowly.
Fire brigades from Barking, Dagenham, Ilford and East Ham attended, with 16 firefighters responding in total.
You may also want to watch:
Photos from the scene also appear to show several police cars and ambulances responding to an incident.
The Recorder has contacted emergency services to find out what has happened.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 3 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 4 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 7 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 8 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 9 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
Updates to follow.