Ilford-bound bus shooting of teenager with BB gun prompts fresh appeal
- Credit: Vickie Flores/Archant
Detectives investigating the shooting of a teenager with a BB gun on board a bus are continuing to appeal for information to find the culprit.
Victor Cataraga, then 18, was sat at the front of a 25 bus as it travelled down Romford Road, Manor Park, towards Ilford, when he felt something hit the back of his head.
He turned around and saw a few other people on the top deck, but nobody looked suspicious.
When he touched the back of his head, he felt a small metal ball in his skin, which was bleeding slightly.
Mr Cataraga, who lives in Manor Park, was not seriously injured but required hospital treatment to remove the bullet, which officers believe was fired from a ball bearing, or BB, gun.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Teresa Moore, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was an awful assault on an unsuspecting victim. We are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise the male in the image or anyone who witnessed the incident.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Moore on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Wanstead Market set to re-open