‘I thought I was safe - then they raped me’: Girl tells of alleged sex ring attack
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl thought she was escaping an argument when she got into a car with a Chadwell Heath man – but he took her to a house and raped her, a court heard today.
The girl, who was 18 at the time, told the jury at Snaresbrook Crown Court that Nabeel Ahmed, of Chadwell Heath Lane, offered her a lift after seeing her fighting with a friend shortly before midnight on May 1 last year.
Stifling tears, she said: “I needed to get away because I felt really scared.
“[My friend] had taken all my possessions and it seemed like the only option.”
She added: “I thought it was ok getting in because it felt like [the driver of the car] had been watching.
You may also want to watch:
“I felt quite comfortable because he said what he saw and asked if I was ok and asked where I wanted to go.”
But instead of taking the girl to a train station, Nabeel, 24, drove her to a house in Chadwell Heath where they met Anas Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, Naeem Ahmed, of Westminster Gardens, and Hassan Raza, also of Westminster Gardens.
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
The four men are accused of being part of a child sex ring that preyed on vulnerable teenage girls.
The girl is one of six alleged victims of rape, sexual assault, grooming and exploitation.
In recorded video evidence played in court, she told how Naeem, 25, and Nabeel came into the bedroom they had given her for the night and got into her bed.
When she tried to get up and cried, they pulled her back down and told her to shut up, she said.
She was then allegedly raped by Naeem, then Nabeel, then Naeem again.
Shaking, she said: “I had been crying, I felt violated, I felt like absolute s**t.
“I felt dirty and disgusting, I just wanted to go home and have a wash.
“I just wanted to get away from everybody but I felt like I couldn’t do anything about the matter and I was panicking and waiting for it to be over.”
According to prosecutors, the group had picked up several other girls in cars around Redbridge and Chadwell Heath between late 2011 and December 2012 and targeted some through a care home.
Nabeel denies three counts of rape and his brother Jameel, 25, of Neville Road, Dagenham, denies two. Naeem, 25, denies five counts of rape, controlling child prostitution, paying for the sexual services of a child, inciting child prostitution and causing prostitution for a gain.
Iqbal, 25, denies six counts of rape and paying for the sexual services of a child. Hassan Raza, 23, denies sexual assault.
The trial continues.