‘I thought I was safe - then they raped me’: Girl tells of alleged sex ring attack
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl thought she was escaping an argument when she got into a car with a Chadwell Heath man – but he took her to a house and raped her, a court heard today.
The girl, who was 18 at the time, told the jury at Snaresbrook Crown Court that Nabeel Ahmed, of Chadwell Heath Lane, offered her a lift after seeing her fighting with a friend shortly before midnight on May 1 last year.
Stifling tears, she said: “I needed to get away because I felt really scared.
“[My friend] had taken all my possessions and it seemed like the only option.”
She added: “I thought it was ok getting in because it felt like [the driver of the car] had been watching.
You may also want to watch:
“I felt quite comfortable because he said what he saw and asked if I was ok and asked where I wanted to go.”
But instead of taking the girl to a train station, Nabeel, 24, drove her to a house in Chadwell Heath where they met Anas Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, Naeem Ahmed, of Westminster Gardens, and Hassan Raza, also of Westminster Gardens.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 6 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 7 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
The four men are accused of being part of a child sex ring that preyed on vulnerable teenage girls.
The girl is one of six alleged victims of rape, sexual assault, grooming and exploitation.
In recorded video evidence played in court, she told how Naeem, 25, and Nabeel came into the bedroom they had given her for the night and got into her bed.
When she tried to get up and cried, they pulled her back down and told her to shut up, she said.
She was then allegedly raped by Naeem, then Nabeel, then Naeem again.
Shaking, she said: “I had been crying, I felt violated, I felt like absolute s**t.
“I felt dirty and disgusting, I just wanted to go home and have a wash.
“I just wanted to get away from everybody but I felt like I couldn’t do anything about the matter and I was panicking and waiting for it to be over.”
According to prosecutors, the group had picked up several other girls in cars around Redbridge and Chadwell Heath between late 2011 and December 2012 and targeted some through a care home.
Nabeel denies three counts of rape and his brother Jameel, 25, of Neville Road, Dagenham, denies two. Naeem, 25, denies five counts of rape, controlling child prostitution, paying for the sexual services of a child, inciting child prostitution and causing prostitution for a gain.
Iqbal, 25, denies six counts of rape and paying for the sexual services of a child. Hassan Raza, 23, denies sexual assault.
The trial continues.