I forgive you conned Ilford blogger tells ex-fiance wine fraudster
- Credit: Met Police
The ex-fiancee of a conman who posed as a multi-millionaire wine dealer in order to swindle money has bravely said that she forgives him.
Lasse Hartmann, 43, of Cardinals Way, Archway, began his scam in early 2014 when he started a relationship with food blogger Adanma Wokoh who lives in Ilford.
Posing as a multi-millionaire wine dealer named Lars Petraeus, he swindled thousands of pounds from the blogger over the course of a 17-month relationship.
She said: “I had a lucky escape. I feel like it could have been so much worse. I don’t want to feel like a victim.
“I have come out of this quite strong. My family really rallied around me, and my friends.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “People may think they will never be a victim of a con artist but I’m testimony it can happen to anyone.
“While I’d never wish this on anyone, it’s made me stronger in the process.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
“My faith, family and friends are helping me recover. As bitter as this was, I want to share my experiences with the world so other people can avoid the grief and pain I had to go through.”
Hartmann will sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on April 28.