Girl, 16, dies after crash in Chigwell Road, South Woodford
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a teenager died following a car crash this morning.
Officers were alerted at 1.10am to an incident in Chigwell Road, South Woodford, involving a BMW and a Mini.
London Fire Brigade and the London Ambulance Service also attended the scene.
The 16-year-old girl was found in the Mini and was pronounced dead at the scene at 1.41am.
Two other women who were in the same car were taken to an east London hospital. One, a 19-year-old, remains in a critical condition and the other, aged 22, is stable.
The 26-year-old male driver of the BMW was treated for head injuries.
A post-mortem examination of the 16-year-old is expected to take place at Walthamstow mortuary.
- 1 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 2 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 3 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 4 Community opposition to Hainault bank closure
- 5 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 6 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 9 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
- 10 Five tower blocks included in housing plans for Sainsbury's in Ilford
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are investigating.
They would like to speak with anyone who saw the collision.
Anyone with information can call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874.
No arrests have been made. Inquiries continue.