Girl, 16, dies after crash in Chigwell Road, South Woodford
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a teenager died following a car crash this morning.
Officers were alerted at 1.10am to an incident in Chigwell Road, South Woodford, involving a BMW and a Mini.
London Fire Brigade and the London Ambulance Service also attended the scene.
The 16-year-old girl was found in the Mini and was pronounced dead at the scene at 1.41am.
Two other women who were in the same car were taken to an east London hospital. One, a 19-year-old, remains in a critical condition and the other, aged 22, is stable.
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old male driver of the BMW was treated for head injuries.
A post-mortem examination of the 16-year-old is expected to take place at Walthamstow mortuary.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are investigating.
They would like to speak with anyone who saw the collision.
Anyone with information can call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874.
No arrests have been made. Inquiries continue.