Girl, 16, dies after crash in Chigwell Road, South Woodford
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a teenager died following a car crash this morning.
Officers were alerted at 1.10am to an incident in Chigwell Road, South Woodford, involving a BMW and a Mini.
London Fire Brigade and the London Ambulance Service also attended the scene.
The 16-year-old girl was found in the Mini and was pronounced dead at the scene at 1.41am.
Two other women who were in the same car were taken to an east London hospital. One, a 19-year-old, remains in a critical condition and the other, aged 22, is stable.
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old male driver of the BMW was treated for head injuries.
A post-mortem examination of the 16-year-old is expected to take place at Walthamstow mortuary.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 7 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 8 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 9 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are investigating.
They would like to speak with anyone who saw the collision.
Anyone with information can call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874.
No arrests have been made. Inquiries continue.