Girl, 16, dies after crash in Chigwell Road, South Woodford
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a teenager died following a car crash this morning.
Officers were alerted at 1.10am to an incident in Chigwell Road, South Woodford, involving a BMW and a Mini.
London Fire Brigade and the London Ambulance Service also attended the scene.
The 16-year-old girl was found in the Mini and was pronounced dead at the scene at 1.41am.
Two other women who were in the same car were taken to an east London hospital. One, a 19-year-old, remains in a critical condition and the other, aged 22, is stable.
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old male driver of the BMW was treated for head injuries.
A post-mortem examination of the 16-year-old is expected to take place at Walthamstow mortuary.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are investigating.
They would like to speak with anyone who saw the collision.
Anyone with information can call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874.
No arrests have been made. Inquiries continue.