Girl, 16, dies after crash in Chigwell Road, South Woodford
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a teenager died following a car crash this morning.
Officers were alerted at 1.10am to an incident in Chigwell Road, South Woodford, involving a BMW and a Mini.
London Fire Brigade and the London Ambulance Service also attended the scene.
The 16-year-old girl was found in the Mini and was pronounced dead at the scene at 1.41am.
Two other women who were in the same car were taken to an east London hospital. One, a 19-year-old, remains in a critical condition and the other, aged 22, is stable.
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old male driver of the BMW was treated for head injuries.
A post-mortem examination of the 16-year-old is expected to take place at Walthamstow mortuary.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are investigating.
They would like to speak with anyone who saw the collision.
Anyone with information can call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874.
No arrests have been made. Inquiries continue.