Met gang unit investigating shooting in Woodford Green residential road
- Credit: Archant
A road has been closed by police after a shooting in Fairway, Woodford Green this morning.
Police officers were called after two shots were fired in the area just before 3.30am.
There have been no arrests. Gang squad Trident are investigating and attempting to establish a motive.
One elderly neighbour told the Recorder she had jumped out of bed the shots were so loud.
She said: “I hear two loud bangs at 3.20am. I know the time because I checked the clock.
You may also want to watch:
“There were two people on a motorbike, they did a big sweep around to the wrong side of the road and went off in the direction of Buckhurst Hill.
“It does make you worried, I’ve never heard of any trouble around here before.”
- 1 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 4 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge
- 10 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
A hole could be seen in the window of a house in the quiet cul-de-sac today.
Another resident said: “I heard a motorbike. I heard a couple of bangs, I thought it was the scooter backfiring.
“I saw two young guys on the scooter driving away. They shot at the window and the door. It is very unusual.”
There were no injuries.