Met gang unit investigating shooting in Woodford Green residential road
- Credit: Archant
A road has been closed by police after a shooting in Fairway, Woodford Green this morning.
Police officers were called after two shots were fired in the area just before 3.30am.
There have been no arrests. Gang squad Trident are investigating and attempting to establish a motive.
One elderly neighbour told the Recorder she had jumped out of bed the shots were so loud.
She said: “I hear two loud bangs at 3.20am. I know the time because I checked the clock.
You may also want to watch:
“There were two people on a motorbike, they did a big sweep around to the wrong side of the road and went off in the direction of Buckhurst Hill.
“It does make you worried, I’ve never heard of any trouble around here before.”
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
A hole could be seen in the window of a house in the quiet cul-de-sac today.
Another resident said: “I heard a motorbike. I heard a couple of bangs, I thought it was the scooter backfiring.
“I saw two young guys on the scooter driving away. They shot at the window and the door. It is very unusual.”
There were no injuries.