Met gang unit investigating shooting in Woodford Green residential road
- Credit: Archant
A road has been closed by police after a shooting in Fairway, Woodford Green this morning.
Police officers were called after two shots were fired in the area just before 3.30am.
There have been no arrests. Gang squad Trident are investigating and attempting to establish a motive.
One elderly neighbour told the Recorder she had jumped out of bed the shots were so loud.
She said: “I hear two loud bangs at 3.20am. I know the time because I checked the clock.
“There were two people on a motorbike, they did a big sweep around to the wrong side of the road and went off in the direction of Buckhurst Hill.
“It does make you worried, I’ve never heard of any trouble around here before.”
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Labour wins Mayfield seats in delayed election
- 5 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 6 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
- 9 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 10 Redbridge poetry group appeals for new members after pandemic pause
A hole could be seen in the window of a house in the quiet cul-de-sac today.
Another resident said: “I heard a motorbike. I heard a couple of bangs, I thought it was the scooter backfiring.
“I saw two young guys on the scooter driving away. They shot at the window and the door. It is very unusual.”
There were no injuries.