Met gang unit investigating shooting in Woodford Green residential road
- Credit: Archant
A road has been closed by police after a shooting in Fairway, Woodford Green this morning.
Police officers were called after two shots were fired in the area just before 3.30am.
There have been no arrests. Gang squad Trident are investigating and attempting to establish a motive.
One elderly neighbour told the Recorder she had jumped out of bed the shots were so loud.
She said: “I hear two loud bangs at 3.20am. I know the time because I checked the clock.
You may also want to watch:
“There were two people on a motorbike, they did a big sweep around to the wrong side of the road and went off in the direction of Buckhurst Hill.
“It does make you worried, I’ve never heard of any trouble around here before.”
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
A hole could be seen in the window of a house in the quiet cul-de-sac today.
Another resident said: “I heard a motorbike. I heard a couple of bangs, I thought it was the scooter backfiring.
“I saw two young guys on the scooter driving away. They shot at the window and the door. It is very unusual.”
There were no injuries.