Met gang unit investigating shooting in Woodford Green residential road
- Credit: Archant
A road has been closed by police after a shooting in Fairway, Woodford Green this morning.
Police officers were called after two shots were fired in the area just before 3.30am.
There have been no arrests. Gang squad Trident are investigating and attempting to establish a motive.
One elderly neighbour told the Recorder she had jumped out of bed the shots were so loud.
She said: “I hear two loud bangs at 3.20am. I know the time because I checked the clock.
You may also want to watch:
“There were two people on a motorbike, they did a big sweep around to the wrong side of the road and went off in the direction of Buckhurst Hill.
“It does make you worried, I’ve never heard of any trouble around here before.”
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
A hole could be seen in the window of a house in the quiet cul-de-sac today.
Another resident said: “I heard a motorbike. I heard a couple of bangs, I thought it was the scooter backfiring.
“I saw two young guys on the scooter driving away. They shot at the window and the door. It is very unusual.”
There were no injuries.