Motorcyclist injured in Seven Kings crash after police chase
- Credit: Archant
A biker has been injured after crashing into a reversing car in a residential street following a police chase in Seven Kings this afternoon.
A resident in Westwood Road witnessed the motorcyclist drive at speed into the back of a car as it reversed off a driveway at around 2.50pm.
He said: “There are several police officers here at the scene, a couple of whom are carrying firearms, and a couple of people that saw it said he was going really fast when it happened.”
Another Westwood Road resident witnessed the aftermath of the accident and reported that the motorcyclist was bleeding heavily at the scene.
“I was just getting ready to pick my daughter up from school when we heard a loud bang. When we came outside we saw the motorcyclist on the grounds with two police officers helping him.
You may also want to watch:
“He was bleeding massively from his nose and his leg. From the amount of blood I think he had a very serious cut on his leg. The air ambulance came and landed in the park and took him away.”
The motorcyclist reportedly suffered a compound fracture to his lower leg and is now in hospital.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
An officer at the scene said: “We don’t know much yet apart from police officers tried to stop somebody, they didn’t stop and there has been a bit of an accident.”
Any witnesses can contact the serious collisions investigations unit Chadwell Heath on 020 8591 4874.