Man arrested after assault in South Woodford with victim still in critical condition
- Credit: Rehan Haque
A man remains in a critical condition in hospital after an assault in George Lane, South Woodford in the early hours of Saturday morning.
A 29-year-old man has been arrested and bailed until a date in early February.
Police were called by ambulance staff to reports of a fight outside the Lizard Lounge bar at around 1.30am.
The victim, believed to be in his 30s, was taken to an east London hospital for treatment to head injuries and remains in a critical condition.
On Saturday morning police cordoned off parts of the George Lane pavement as officers stood guard.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge detectives continue to investigate.
Anyone with information can call Redbridge Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
Did you see anything? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.