Crash between lorry and motorcycle on A406 at Redbridge roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A traffic collision between a lorry and a motorcyclist caused huge congestion in the A406 at Redbridge roundabout.
The northbound lane, near the junction with the M11, was closed for an hour to allow London Air Ambulance to land.
Police officers also attended at 8.33am.
The motorcyclist has been taken to an east London hospital with his injuries and is serious but stable.
Moosa Rawat wrote on the Recorder’s Facebook page: “Drove past just as it happened. Looked like someone was doing CPR on the motorcyclist. Hope he is OK.”
Another driver said: “It looked serious, as someone was on ground apparently having medical treatment.
You may also want to watch:
“The air ambulance arrived quickly and the police stopped the southbound carriageway to allow it to land.”
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 7 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 8 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 9 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
All lanes are now open but expect severe delays when travelling through the area. The congestion northbound runs until Ilford flyover.
Did you see the incident? Call our news desk on 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.