Crash between lorry and motorcycle on A406 at Redbridge roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A traffic collision between a lorry and a motorcyclist caused huge congestion in the A406 at Redbridge roundabout.
The northbound lane, near the junction with the M11, was closed for an hour to allow London Air Ambulance to land.
Police officers also attended at 8.33am.
The motorcyclist has been taken to an east London hospital with his injuries and is serious but stable.
Moosa Rawat wrote on the Recorder’s Facebook page: “Drove past just as it happened. Looked like someone was doing CPR on the motorcyclist. Hope he is OK.”
Another driver said: “It looked serious, as someone was on ground apparently having medical treatment.
You may also want to watch:
“The air ambulance arrived quickly and the police stopped the southbound carriageway to allow it to land.”
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 10 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
All lanes are now open but expect severe delays when travelling through the area. The congestion northbound runs until Ilford flyover.
Did you see the incident? Call our news desk on 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.