Crash between lorry and motorcycle on A406 at Redbridge roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A traffic collision between a lorry and a motorcyclist caused huge congestion in the A406 at Redbridge roundabout.
The northbound lane, near the junction with the M11, was closed for an hour to allow London Air Ambulance to land.
Police officers also attended at 8.33am.
The motorcyclist has been taken to an east London hospital with his injuries and is serious but stable.
Moosa Rawat wrote on the Recorder’s Facebook page: “Drove past just as it happened. Looked like someone was doing CPR on the motorcyclist. Hope he is OK.”
Another driver said: “It looked serious, as someone was on ground apparently having medical treatment.
“The air ambulance arrived quickly and the police stopped the southbound carriageway to allow it to land.”
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 4 Tributes paid to law graduate murdered as she walked home in Ilford
- 5 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 7 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 8 Found: Missing girl who was believed to have travelled to east London
- 9 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 10 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
All lanes are now open but expect severe delays when travelling through the area. The congestion northbound runs until Ilford flyover.
Did you see the incident? Call our news desk on 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.