Crash between lorry and motorcycle on A406 at Redbridge roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A traffic collision between a lorry and a motorcyclist caused huge congestion in the A406 at Redbridge roundabout.
The northbound lane, near the junction with the M11, was closed for an hour to allow London Air Ambulance to land.
Police officers also attended at 8.33am.
The motorcyclist has been taken to an east London hospital with his injuries and is serious but stable.
Moosa Rawat wrote on the Recorder’s Facebook page: “Drove past just as it happened. Looked like someone was doing CPR on the motorcyclist. Hope he is OK.”
Another driver said: “It looked serious, as someone was on ground apparently having medical treatment.
You may also want to watch:
“The air ambulance arrived quickly and the police stopped the southbound carriageway to allow it to land.”
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
All lanes are now open but expect severe delays when travelling through the area. The congestion northbound runs until Ilford flyover.
Did you see the incident? Call our news desk on 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.