Helicopter, vans and cars in police chase through Ilford town centre
Four people have been arrested following a police chase through Ilford town centre this morning.
The Metropolitan Police’s helicopter joined cars and vans in the pursuit around 9am.
Four suspects left their vehicle but were caught by Redbridge officers.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said they had been followed by police from Lansdowne Road in Seven Kings and the pursuit started when they failed to stop for officers.
They were chased into Ilford and tried to run from the car near the train station, in Cranbrook Road.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the chase? Call 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 5 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death