Helicopter, vans and cars in police chase through Ilford town centre
Four people have been arrested following a police chase through Ilford town centre this morning.
The Metropolitan Police’s helicopter joined cars and vans in the pursuit around 9am.
Four suspects left their vehicle but were caught by Redbridge officers.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said they had been followed by police from Lansdowne Road in Seven Kings and the pursuit started when they failed to stop for officers.
They were chased into Ilford and tried to run from the car near the train station, in Cranbrook Road.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the chase? Call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 6 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'