Helicopter, vans and cars in police chase through Ilford town centre
Four people have been arrested following a police chase through Ilford town centre this morning.
The Metropolitan Police’s helicopter joined cars and vans in the pursuit around 9am.
Four suspects left their vehicle but were caught by Redbridge officers.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said they had been followed by police from Lansdowne Road in Seven Kings and the pursuit started when they failed to stop for officers.
They were chased into Ilford and tried to run from the car near the train station, in Cranbrook Road.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the chase? Call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list