Man arrested on suspicion of possessing ‘large kitchen knife’ in Newbury Park
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested in Newbury Park after police allegedly found a “large kitchen knife” and stolen goods in his possession.
Aldborough Safer Neighbourhood Team were carrying out a routine patrol on Friday, November 30, when they spotted youths “loitering in the area and causing anti-social behaviour”.
Officers detected a strong smell of cannabis wafting from the pair and decided to search them.
A Met Police spokesman said: “During the search, one of the males was found to be in possession of a large kitchen knife.
“The male was also found in possession of a mobile phone that had been stolen during a robbery in November 2018.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was arrested for handling stolen goods and was subsequently charged with both offences.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 9 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge