Man arrested on suspicion of possessing ‘large kitchen knife’ in Newbury Park
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested in Newbury Park after police allegedly found a “large kitchen knife” and stolen goods in his possession.
Aldborough Safer Neighbourhood Team were carrying out a routine patrol on Friday, November 30, when they spotted youths “loitering in the area and causing anti-social behaviour”.
Officers detected a strong smell of cannabis wafting from the pair and decided to search them.
A Met Police spokesman said: “During the search, one of the males was found to be in possession of a large kitchen knife.
“The male was also found in possession of a mobile phone that had been stolen during a robbery in November 2018.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was arrested for handling stolen goods and was subsequently charged with both offences.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford