Haul of ‘stolen’ electrical items found at Ilford business premises after raid
- Credit: Archant
A haul of electrical items believed to be stolen have been found in the premises of an Ilford business after a raid by police this morning.
The raid, following work by teams from Redbridge, Newham and Waltham Forest, included the discovery of what police believe was a stolen laptop at the High Road store.
It was reported stolen after a burglary at an address in Valentines ward on Tuesday.
Safer neighbourhoods, borough tasking and response team officers all took part in the operation at about 9.15am, with warrants also executed in High Street, Lewisham.
Insp Daren Donoghue said: “This time of the year is when we see the biggest increase in burglary and we are stepping up our campaign to limit the ways thieves can dispose of their stolen goods.
You may also want to watch:
“We regularly visit retailers and remind traders of their responsibilities, anyone taking in stolen goods or found trying to pass off stolen items to unsuspecting customers, can expect to be hit with the full force of the law.”
• Two men aged 26 and 22 have been arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods and are currently in custody at an unnamed south London police station.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 4 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 5 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 6 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 7 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences