Haul of ‘stolen’ electrical items found at Ilford business premises after raid
- Credit: Archant
A haul of electrical items believed to be stolen have been found in the premises of an Ilford business after a raid by police this morning.
The raid, following work by teams from Redbridge, Newham and Waltham Forest, included the discovery of what police believe was a stolen laptop at the High Road store.
It was reported stolen after a burglary at an address in Valentines ward on Tuesday.
Safer neighbourhoods, borough tasking and response team officers all took part in the operation at about 9.15am, with warrants also executed in High Street, Lewisham.
Insp Daren Donoghue said: “This time of the year is when we see the biggest increase in burglary and we are stepping up our campaign to limit the ways thieves can dispose of their stolen goods.
You may also want to watch:
“We regularly visit retailers and remind traders of their responsibilities, anyone taking in stolen goods or found trying to pass off stolen items to unsuspecting customers, can expect to be hit with the full force of the law.”
• Two men aged 26 and 22 have been arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods and are currently in custody at an unnamed south London police station.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 8 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford