Hainault stabbings: Police appeal after VIP fight at Garage Nation Festival
- Credit: PA WIRE
Police are appealing for witnesses after four men were stabbed when a fight broke out in the VIP section of a Hainault music festival.
Officers were called at 7.35pm on Saturday, June 30, to Garage Nation Festival, Hainault Forest Country Park, Romford Road.
Three men, including a 22-year-old and a 26-year-old, were taken to hospital for treatment to stab and slash injuries. None of their injuries are thought to be life-threatening.
A fourth man was treated at the scene by medics and left before police arrived.
A Met Police spokesman told the Recorder; “Following the fight a group of male suspects were seen to run out of the VIP area – which is where the fight is believed to have taken place – towards the main entrance.”
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Samantha Handley, of the East Area Command Unit CID, said officers are working with the festival organisers to identify those involved.
She said: “I would urge anyone who was at the event, specifically in and around the VIP area at 7.30pm, and who saw this incident or the events either side of this incident, to contact police.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 9 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
“I would also appeal directly to the fourth person who was treated by medics but left prior to police arrival to contact officers – he may have information that could prove vital to progressing this investigation.”
There have been no arrests and inquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to call the East Area Command Unit CID via 101 quoting reference CAD 6922/30June or tweet @MetCC.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.