Hainault stabbing: Petition launched to rename Manford Way in honour of victim Moses Mayele
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,400 people have backed a petition to rename a road in memory of Moses Mayele.
Moses, 23, was only a few hundred yards from his house when he died of knife wounds in Manford Way, on Friday, October 12, at about 10.20pm.
Police and the London Ambulance service attended the incident but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A petition has been created to change Manford Way to Moses Way and in just seven days it has amassed 1,476 supporters.
Page creator, Lauric Diakiesse said: “Moses had a clean heart and he always showed us a lot of love.
You may also want to watch:
“His life was cut short but we want his name to live on forever.”
Lauric continued by saying Moses’ death brought the community together and inspired the next generation to stick together.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
“Renaming this road would be a fantastic testimony to Moses Mayele,” he added.
One supporter from Chigwell, thought the petition was a great way to remember Moses.
“Moses was a brilliant young man who had everything to live for and was taken way to early,” he said.
“He was more than a just a friend to so many people.
“Rename this road in his honour.”
Another supporter said what happened to Moses is “so sad and touched a lot of hearts”.
“I think that it should be changed to Moses Way in the memory of Moses and hopefully one day people will think twice (before) picking up a knife or a gun and taking someone’s life,” they said.
“We need to put an end to knife crime, RIP Moses you’re with the angels now.”
Another petitioner commented: “If it brings people together remembering this young man by changing the road’s name, then it would be a nice memorial.”
To view the petition visit: change.org/p/mayor-of-london-change-road-name-manford-way-to-moses-way/c?source_location=petition_show