Hainault stabbing: Father, 23, was knifed to death on his birthday
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old father was stabbed to death on his birthday in Hainault.
Moses Mayele was only a few hundred yards from his house when he was knifed on Manford Way, on Friday (October 12), around 10.20pm.
Police and the London Ambulance service attended the incident but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post mortem examination will take place in due course.
Another 22-year-old man was taken to an east London hospital with critical injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police said he is now in a “non-life threatening” condition.
Officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating and there have so far been no arrests.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 5 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
Tributes have poured in across social media for Moses, with many saying he was an extremely talented footballer and a caring man who would put anyone at ease.
A fundraising page has also been set up to raise money for his funeral.
In under 24 hours the page has received more than £2,000 in donations.
The creator of the page wrote: “Moses Mayele our brother, friend, boyfriend, son, father, and cousin who we truly love was murdered on his 23rd birthday.
“Moses has a clean heart and he always showed us a lot of love.
“His life was cut short but we want his name to live on forever. We want to celebrate his life, his birthday, and give him the send off he deserves.”
Anyone with information about the murder should call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 8451/12Oct.
Alternatively call call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.