Hainault stabbing: Father, 23, was knifed to death on his birthday
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old father was stabbed to death on his birthday in Hainault.
Moses Mayele was only a few hundred yards from his house when he was knifed on Manford Way, on Friday (October 12), around 10.20pm.
Police and the London Ambulance service attended the incident but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post mortem examination will take place in due course.
Another 22-year-old man was taken to an east London hospital with critical injuries.
Police said he is now in a “non-life threatening” condition.
Officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating and there have so far been no arrests.
- 1 Met investigates cause of Mossford Green cemetery blaze
- 2 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 3 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 4 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 9 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
Tributes have poured in across social media for Moses, with many saying he was an extremely talented footballer and a caring man who would put anyone at ease.
A fundraising page has also been set up to raise money for his funeral.
In under 24 hours the page has received more than £2,000 in donations.
The creator of the page wrote: “Moses Mayele our brother, friend, boyfriend, son, father, and cousin who we truly love was murdered on his 23rd birthday.
“Moses has a clean heart and he always showed us a lot of love.
“His life was cut short but we want his name to live on forever. We want to celebrate his life, his birthday, and give him the send off he deserves.”
Anyone with information about the murder should call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 8451/12Oct.
Alternatively call call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.