Hainault family’s plea for missing pet dog
A Hainault mother has made an emotional plea for the return of her family’s beloved pet dog.
Stella, a 5-year-old staffordshire bull terrier-cross, went missing from her home in Fencepiece Road, Hainault, on Tuesday.
Her owner, Frances Smith, has been scouring the streets and putting up posters picturing the former rescue dog. She said she is sure her “friendly and loveable” animal has been taken in by someone else.
Fighting back tears, Ms Smith added: “Stella is part of our family. We have had her for five years and my children have grown up with her.
“If you have her then please put yourself in our shoes, We love her, we miss her and we just want her home.”
You may also want to watch:
The family rescued Stella five years ago, and say she was abused by her former owners who cut her with razor blades and put her in plastic bags.
Ms Smith said her two young children, aged three and five, can’t understand where their pet has gone.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
She told the Recorder: “It’s heartbreaking, they keep asking about her and I have to tell them she’s gone on a holiday and she’ll be back soon.
“She has been neutered so if someone wants to breed her they won’t be able to.”
Stella is a cross breed and has the colouring of a rottweiler.
Anyone with information should telephone Ms Smith on 07861 379 506.