Gunmen get away with cash after armed robbery at Ladbrokes betting shop in Clayhall
A Clayhall betting shop was robbed on Monday evening by two armed men who threatened staff before making off with cash.
The men entered Ladbrokes, in Clayhall Avenue, with a gun and escaped with an unknown amount of money.
They timed their attack for closing time at 10pm, when one staff member was working alone.
He was not injured in the raid but is not believed to have returned to work since.
Staffing at the shop has now been doubled to increase security.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Police’s Flying Squad is investigating the robbery but no arrests have yet been made.
Did you see the robbery? Call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 9 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman