Gunmen get away with cash after armed robbery at Ladbrokes betting shop in Clayhall
A Clayhall betting shop was robbed on Monday evening by two armed men who threatened staff before making off with cash.
The men entered Ladbrokes, in Clayhall Avenue, with a gun and escaped with an unknown amount of money.
They timed their attack for closing time at 10pm, when one staff member was working alone.
He was not injured in the raid but is not believed to have returned to work since.
Staffing at the shop has now been doubled to increase security.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Police’s Flying Squad is investigating the robbery but no arrests have yet been made.
Did you see the robbery? Call 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 2 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Political fight as council shifts money away from opposition party
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas