Gunmen get away with cash after armed robbery at Ladbrokes betting shop in Clayhall
A Clayhall betting shop was robbed on Monday evening by two armed men who threatened staff before making off with cash.
The men entered Ladbrokes, in Clayhall Avenue, with a gun and escaped with an unknown amount of money.
They timed their attack for closing time at 10pm, when one staff member was working alone.
He was not injured in the raid but is not believed to have returned to work since.
Staffing at the shop has now been doubled to increase security.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Police’s Flying Squad is investigating the robbery but no arrests have yet been made.
Did you see the robbery? Call 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford