Ilford drive-by shooting: Armed police chase group of men
- Credit: Archant
Armed police chased a group of men in a car after a drive-by shooting in Ilford.
Police were called on Thursday, December 13, at 2.02pm, to reports of gun fire on Green Lane and arrived at the scene with specialist firearms officers.
A Met Police spokesman said a car pulled up alongside another vehicle and a man fired several shots.
The bullets hit the driver’s side door and the gunman then fled in his vehicle.
The car that was shot at also left the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“Specialist firearms officers carried out an area search,” he said.
“They located one of the vehicles believed to be involved and a pursuit followed- a number of males decamped and fled.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 10 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
“Officers gave chase but they could not be located.”
There have been no reported injuries and no arrests have been made at this stage.
The Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command investigate have launched an appeal for information.
Det Sgt Colin Hill, head of the Trident taskforce, is urging anyone who has background information or witnessed the incident to get in touch.
If you have any intel, no matter how big or small, or photo, video or dashcam footage call Det sgt Hill on 07795334806.
Alternatively, call 101 or tweet @MetCC referencing CAD 3936/13 Dec.