Ilford drive-by shooting: Armed police chase group of men
- Credit: Archant
Armed police chased a group of men in a car after a drive-by shooting in Ilford.
Police were called on Thursday, December 13, at 2.02pm, to reports of gun fire on Green Lane and arrived at the scene with specialist firearms officers.
A Met Police spokesman said a car pulled up alongside another vehicle and a man fired several shots.
The bullets hit the driver’s side door and the gunman then fled in his vehicle.
The car that was shot at also left the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“Specialist firearms officers carried out an area search,” he said.
“They located one of the vehicles believed to be involved and a pursuit followed- a number of males decamped and fled.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
“Officers gave chase but they could not be located.”
There have been no reported injuries and no arrests have been made at this stage.
The Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command investigate have launched an appeal for information.
Det Sgt Colin Hill, head of the Trident taskforce, is urging anyone who has background information or witnessed the incident to get in touch.
If you have any intel, no matter how big or small, or photo, video or dashcam footage call Det sgt Hill on 07795334806.
Alternatively, call 101 or tweet @MetCC referencing CAD 3936/13 Dec.