Gun stash found under cuddly toy in Goodmayes flat
POLICE have released pictures of guns found stashed under a teddy bear.
The Skorpion sub-machine gun and a Browning high-power self-loading pistol, which has since been linked with six shootings in north London, were uncovered after officers raided a flat in Louisa House, Medici Close, Goodmayes, earlier this year.
They were hidden in a black holdall under the toy.
Police have only been able to release the pictures following a court case, which saw Mohammed Abow, 22, of no fixed address, sentenced to eight years in prison last week for possession of the firearms when he appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
He was traced after the unidentified resident of the flat named him as “Mo”.
You may also want to watch:
Abow also received three years in prison – to run concurrently – for possession of ammunition found alongside the weapons.
Det Con Kevin Rowley, of Redbridge Police, said: “This is another great result, proving that we are one step ahead of the small number of dangerous individuals who seek to bring firearms into the borough.”
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 9 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London