Gun stash found under cuddly toy in Goodmayes flat
POLICE have released pictures of guns found stashed under a teddy bear.
The Skorpion sub-machine gun and a Browning high-power self-loading pistol, which has since been linked with six shootings in north London, were uncovered after officers raided a flat in Louisa House, Medici Close, Goodmayes, earlier this year.
They were hidden in a black holdall under the toy.
Police have only been able to release the pictures following a court case, which saw Mohammed Abow, 22, of no fixed address, sentenced to eight years in prison last week for possession of the firearms when he appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
He was traced after the unidentified resident of the flat named him as “Mo”.
You may also want to watch:
Abow also received three years in prison – to run concurrently – for possession of ammunition found alongside the weapons.
Det Con Kevin Rowley, of Redbridge Police, said: “This is another great result, proving that we are one step ahead of the small number of dangerous individuals who seek to bring firearms into the borough.”
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin