Gun stash found under cuddly toy in Goodmayes flat
POLICE have released pictures of guns found stashed under a teddy bear.
The Skorpion sub-machine gun and a Browning high-power self-loading pistol, which has since been linked with six shootings in north London, were uncovered after officers raided a flat in Louisa House, Medici Close, Goodmayes, earlier this year.
They were hidden in a black holdall under the toy.
Police have only been able to release the pictures following a court case, which saw Mohammed Abow, 22, of no fixed address, sentenced to eight years in prison last week for possession of the firearms when he appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
He was traced after the unidentified resident of the flat named him as “Mo”.
You may also want to watch:
Abow also received three years in prison – to run concurrently – for possession of ammunition found alongside the weapons.
Det Con Kevin Rowley, of Redbridge Police, said: “This is another great result, proving that we are one step ahead of the small number of dangerous individuals who seek to bring firearms into the borough.”
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 10 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation