Goodmayes teenager handed £330 fine for fly-tipping
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old man has been handed with a £330 bill for dumping rubbish after council officers traced rubbish to his address.
Joseph Ogundele, of Broadhurst Drive, Goodmayes, pleaded guilty to fly-tipping at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court last month.
The court heard how council officers discovered a pile of fly tipped rubbish in nearby Longbridge Road which included letters and a bank card which led back to Ogundele’s address.
A mattress and parts of the garage roof were also part of the tip, which was suspected as being asbestos.
He admitted to tipping the items because hiring a van or skip was too expensive.
You may also want to watch:
Ogundele was fined £110 and told to pay £20 victim surcharge and £200 towards council costs.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 2 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 8 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack