Goodmayes man jailed for two sexual assaults on trains
- Credit: Archant
A Goodmayes man has been jailed after admitting to two sexual assaults on trains.
Gurjinder Singh, of Talbot Gardens, was sentenced to eight weeks in jail and has been placed on the sex offenders register for five years.
Singh committed the first offence on September 24. He touched the 44-year-old victim inappropriately, who got on the Victoria Line at Green Park before getting off at Oxford Circus.
The following day he was witnessed committing the same act on a 24-year-old woman by two plain clothes British Transport Police officers after boarding the train at Oxford Circus.
He was arrested at Holborn station and taken to a police station.
On September 26, the 25-year-old pleaded guilty at Westminster Magistrates’ Court.
Speaking after the sentencing, investigating officer Pc Thomas O’Regan said: “Plain clothes officers began observing Gurjinder Singh after they noticed him acting suspiciously as he was paying close attention to female passengers.
- 1 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 2 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 3 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 4 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Writer wins national prize for poetry about teaching and learning
- 10 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune
“We don’t tolerate unwanted sexual behaviour of any kind on the transport network and take all reports seriously.
“If someone has made you feel uncomfortable on your tube journey – however insignificant it may seem to you – reporting it to police can prevent this happening to another passenger.”
To report an incident of a sexual nature that occurred on a tube or train, call British Transport Police on 0800 405040 or text 61016 with details of what happened.