Goodmayes man jailed for two sexual assaults on trains
- Credit: Archant
A Goodmayes man has been jailed after admitting to two sexual assaults on trains.
Gurjinder Singh, of Talbot Gardens, was sentenced to eight weeks in jail and has been placed on the sex offenders register for five years.
Singh committed the first offence on September 24. He touched the 44-year-old victim inappropriately, who got on the Victoria Line at Green Park before getting off at Oxford Circus.
The following day he was witnessed committing the same act on a 24-year-old woman by two plain clothes British Transport Police officers after boarding the train at Oxford Circus.
He was arrested at Holborn station and taken to a police station.
You may also want to watch:
On September 26, the 25-year-old pleaded guilty at Westminster Magistrates’ Court.
Speaking after the sentencing, investigating officer Pc Thomas O’Regan said: “Plain clothes officers began observing Gurjinder Singh after they noticed him acting suspiciously as he was paying close attention to female passengers.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
“We don’t tolerate unwanted sexual behaviour of any kind on the transport network and take all reports seriously.
“If someone has made you feel uncomfortable on your tube journey – however insignificant it may seem to you – reporting it to police can prevent this happening to another passenger.”
To report an incident of a sexual nature that occurred on a tube or train, call British Transport Police on 0800 405040 or text 61016 with details of what happened.