Goodmayes man jailed for two sexual assaults on trains
- Credit: Archant
A Goodmayes man has been jailed after admitting to two sexual assaults on trains.
Gurjinder Singh, of Talbot Gardens, was sentenced to eight weeks in jail and has been placed on the sex offenders register for five years.
Singh committed the first offence on September 24. He touched the 44-year-old victim inappropriately, who got on the Victoria Line at Green Park before getting off at Oxford Circus.
The following day he was witnessed committing the same act on a 24-year-old woman by two plain clothes British Transport Police officers after boarding the train at Oxford Circus.
He was arrested at Holborn station and taken to a police station.
On September 26, the 25-year-old pleaded guilty at Westminster Magistrates’ Court.
Speaking after the sentencing, investigating officer Pc Thomas O’Regan said: “Plain clothes officers began observing Gurjinder Singh after they noticed him acting suspiciously as he was paying close attention to female passengers.
- 1 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
- 8 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 9 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 10 Second Redbridge care home struck by fire caused by discarded cigarettes
“We don’t tolerate unwanted sexual behaviour of any kind on the transport network and take all reports seriously.
“If someone has made you feel uncomfortable on your tube journey – however insignificant it may seem to you – reporting it to police can prevent this happening to another passenger.”
To report an incident of a sexual nature that occurred on a tube or train, call British Transport Police on 0800 405040 or text 61016 with details of what happened.