Goodmayes man jailed for two sexual assaults on trains
- Credit: Archant
A Goodmayes man has been jailed after admitting to two sexual assaults on trains.
Gurjinder Singh, of Talbot Gardens, was sentenced to eight weeks in jail and has been placed on the sex offenders register for five years.
Singh committed the first offence on September 24. He touched the 44-year-old victim inappropriately, who got on the Victoria Line at Green Park before getting off at Oxford Circus.
The following day he was witnessed committing the same act on a 24-year-old woman by two plain clothes British Transport Police officers after boarding the train at Oxford Circus.
He was arrested at Holborn station and taken to a police station.
You may also want to watch:
On September 26, the 25-year-old pleaded guilty at Westminster Magistrates’ Court.
Speaking after the sentencing, investigating officer Pc Thomas O’Regan said: “Plain clothes officers began observing Gurjinder Singh after they noticed him acting suspiciously as he was paying close attention to female passengers.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
“We don’t tolerate unwanted sexual behaviour of any kind on the transport network and take all reports seriously.
“If someone has made you feel uncomfortable on your tube journey – however insignificant it may seem to you – reporting it to police can prevent this happening to another passenger.”
To report an incident of a sexual nature that occurred on a tube or train, call British Transport Police on 0800 405040 or text 61016 with details of what happened.