Gang found guilty following gun and grenade attack on court witness’ home
- Credit: Archant
A gang was found guilty in connection with a plot to intimidate a court witness by throwing a hand grenade and firing bullets at his home.
Walid Habib, 37, of Sevenoaks Close, Harold Hill, Jahzeiah Francois, 24, of Cranbrook Road, Ilford, Kirtharan Thuraisingam, 33, of Perth Road, Gants Hill and Anna Ibrahim, 32, of Somerford Street, Bethnal Green, were found guilty on Friday at Woolwich Crown Court after shots were fired at a property in Ongar.
Claudio Mohamed 45, of Kingston Road, Ilford, had pleaded guilty to the charges at an earlier hearing.
The verdicts come after shots from a handgun were fired through the witness’ front door in April last year before a hand grenade exploded near the front of his house three days later.
No one was injured as a result.
You may also want to watch:
The shooting took place shortly before the victim was due to give evidence in court.
Habib carried out a reconnaissance of the witness’ home with Ibrahim and Francois, the court heard.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 3 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 4 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 5 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
Francois fired the shots at the house while Thuraisingam acted as his driver.
When the shots failed to deter the witness from attending court, Habib called for a hand grenade attack.
Thuraisingam drove other members of the gang to carry out the grenade attack.
All five will be sentenced on Friday, July 31.