Gallery: Police issue images of people they want to speak to in connection with South Woodford assault
- Credit: Archant
An assault which saw a man racially abused and punched unconscious is the subject of a renewed police appeal.
Redbridge officers are calling for witnesses to come forward who saw the incident, which took place outside the Slug and Lettuce bar, in George Lane, South Woodford, on November 9 2013.
Two men, aged 39 and 24, had left the Lizard Lounge bar, which is next door, at about 2am when they were verbally abused by a group of men and women.
As they prepared to leave, their car was allegedly kicked. When the 39-year-old got out of his vehicle to assess any damage, he was racially abused and punched in the head by one of the men, knocking him unconscious.
The 24-year-old was then kicked and punched until he fell to the floor.
You may also want to watch:
The older man was taken to hospital with a head injury and is still said to suffer from considerable pain.
Redbridge police have released the images of people they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
Investigating officer Det Con Colin Rumsam, from the Ilford serious crime unit, said: “This was an unprovoked and very violent attack by a group of young males that has caused the victims to suffer serious stress and trauma ever since.
“We are extremely keen to identify the suspects involved so if you do know these people, I urge you to contact us.”
If anyone can identify these people, they should call Ilford CID on 0208 345 2669 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
See our gallery on the right for all of the pictures.