Gallery: Police issue images of people they want to speak to in connection with South Woodford assault
- Credit: Archant
An assault which saw a man racially abused and punched unconscious is the subject of a renewed police appeal.
Redbridge officers are calling for witnesses to come forward who saw the incident, which took place outside the Slug and Lettuce bar, in George Lane, South Woodford, on November 9 2013.
Two men, aged 39 and 24, had left the Lizard Lounge bar, which is next door, at about 2am when they were verbally abused by a group of men and women.
As they prepared to leave, their car was allegedly kicked. When the 39-year-old got out of his vehicle to assess any damage, he was racially abused and punched in the head by one of the men, knocking him unconscious.
The 24-year-old was then kicked and punched until he fell to the floor.
You may also want to watch:
The older man was taken to hospital with a head injury and is still said to suffer from considerable pain.
Redbridge police have released the images of people they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 5 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 6 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 10 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
Investigating officer Det Con Colin Rumsam, from the Ilford serious crime unit, said: “This was an unprovoked and very violent attack by a group of young males that has caused the victims to suffer serious stress and trauma ever since.
“We are extremely keen to identify the suspects involved so if you do know these people, I urge you to contact us.”
If anyone can identify these people, they should call Ilford CID on 0208 345 2669 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
See our gallery on the right for all of the pictures.