Fun run in Redbridge for parents, children and grandparents to raise funds for mayor’s charities
- Credit: Archant
An inter-generation fun run is being held in Redbridge on August 26 to raise funds for the mayor’s charities.
Runners will do one lap of Woodford Bridge Road, Woodford Avenue and Roding Lane South, totalling 2km, to raise funds for Healthy Living Projects and mental health charity Imagine Independence.
There are three race categories - parents and children, grandparents and grandchildren, and a superhero category where one member of the two person team will have a registered disability.
Start and finish will be on the hilltop at the junction of Woodford Bridge Road and Roding Lane South.
There will be medals for all recipients, prizes for winners and awards for the best fancy dress or superhero costume.
You may also want to watch:
Register online for the race for £10 per pair by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating which race category you would like to take part in. On the day, registration will be an extra £1.
For more information, email Harmander Singh on email@example.com or call 07958946868.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder