Fun run in Redbridge for parents, children and grandparents to raise funds for mayor’s charities
- Credit: Archant
An inter-generation fun run is being held in Redbridge on August 26 to raise funds for the mayor’s charities.
Runners will do one lap of Woodford Bridge Road, Woodford Avenue and Roding Lane South, totalling 2km, to raise funds for Healthy Living Projects and mental health charity Imagine Independence.
There are three race categories - parents and children, grandparents and grandchildren, and a superhero category where one member of the two person team will have a registered disability.
Start and finish will be on the hilltop at the junction of Woodford Bridge Road and Roding Lane South.
There will be medals for all recipients, prizes for winners and awards for the best fancy dress or superhero costume.
You may also want to watch:
Register online for the race for £10 per pair by emailing email@example.com stating which race category you would like to take part in. On the day, registration will be an extra £1.
For more information, email Harmander Singh on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07958946868.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 9 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 10 Wanstead Market set to re-open