Fun run in Redbridge for parents, children and grandparents to raise funds for mayor’s charities
- Credit: Archant
An inter-generation fun run is being held in Redbridge on August 26 to raise funds for the mayor’s charities.
Runners will do one lap of Woodford Bridge Road, Woodford Avenue and Roding Lane South, totalling 2km, to raise funds for Healthy Living Projects and mental health charity Imagine Independence.
There are three race categories - parents and children, grandparents and grandchildren, and a superhero category where one member of the two person team will have a registered disability.
Start and finish will be on the hilltop at the junction of Woodford Bridge Road and Roding Lane South.
There will be medals for all recipients, prizes for winners and awards for the best fancy dress or superhero costume.
You may also want to watch:
Register online for the race for £10 per pair by emailing email@example.com stating which race category you would like to take part in. On the day, registration will be an extra £1.
For more information, email Harmander Singh on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07958946868.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 4 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 8 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest