Fun run in Redbridge for parents, children and grandparents to raise funds for mayor’s charities
- Credit: Archant
An inter-generation fun run is being held in Redbridge on August 26 to raise funds for the mayor’s charities.
Runners will do one lap of Woodford Bridge Road, Woodford Avenue and Roding Lane South, totalling 2km, to raise funds for Healthy Living Projects and mental health charity Imagine Independence.
There are three race categories - parents and children, grandparents and grandchildren, and a superhero category where one member of the two person team will have a registered disability.
Start and finish will be on the hilltop at the junction of Woodford Bridge Road and Roding Lane South.
There will be medals for all recipients, prizes for winners and awards for the best fancy dress or superhero costume.
Register online for the race for £10 per pair by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating which race category you would like to take part in. On the day, registration will be an extra £1.
For more information, email Harmander Singh on email@example.com or call 07958946868.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 4 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 5 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 6 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 7 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?