Teenager stabbed to death in Clayhall
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has died after being stabbed in Clayhall.
Officers were called to Owen Waters House, a block of flats in Fullwell Avenue, at around 10pm yesterday (Tuesday, November 19) to reports of a fight outside.
A 19-year-old man was found suffering from stab injuries and despite both police and paramedics giving him first aid, he died at the scene.
Police are investigating whether his death is linked to a fire at a nearby set of garages which broke out around the same time.
They are also attempting to trace his next of kin. No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
One neighbour told the Recorder: "It's quite worrying. You are a bit oblivious to it. You think it won't happen to you. It's really, really sad.
"It's such a shame that people's lives are taken for granted. Someone getting murdered doesn't happen around here. It's shocked the community."
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'It's a surreal feeling': New coffee shop opens in Redbridge
- 7 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 8 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 9 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 10 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
Another said: "It doesn't happen around here. You don't even see police down here. All we have is burglaries."
One neighbour heard a car explode behind his house.
Anyone with information, pictures or video footage that could help the investigation is asked to call 101 quoting CAD 9907/19 Nov.