Teenager stabbed to death in Clayhall
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has died after being stabbed in Clayhall.
Officers were called to Owen Waters House, a block of flats in Fullwell Avenue, at around 10pm yesterday (Tuesday, November 19) to reports of a fight outside.
A 19-year-old man was found suffering from stab injuries and despite both police and paramedics giving him first aid, he died at the scene.
Police are investigating whether his death is linked to a fire at a nearby set of garages which broke out around the same time.
They are also attempting to trace his next of kin. No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
One neighbour told the Recorder: "It's quite worrying. You are a bit oblivious to it. You think it won't happen to you. It's really, really sad.
"It's such a shame that people's lives are taken for granted. Someone getting murdered doesn't happen around here. It's shocked the community."
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
Another said: "It doesn't happen around here. You don't even see police down here. All we have is burglaries."
One neighbour heard a car explode behind his house.
Anyone with information, pictures or video footage that could help the investigation is asked to call 101 quoting CAD 9907/19 Nov.