Teenager stabbed to death in Clayhall
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has died after being stabbed in Clayhall.
Officers were called to Owen Waters House, a block of flats in Fullwell Avenue, at around 10pm yesterday (Tuesday, November 19) to reports of a fight outside.
A 19-year-old man was found suffering from stab injuries and despite both police and paramedics giving him first aid, he died at the scene.
Police are investigating whether his death is linked to a fire at a nearby set of garages which broke out around the same time.
They are also attempting to trace his next of kin. No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
One neighbour told the Recorder: "It's quite worrying. You are a bit oblivious to it. You think it won't happen to you. It's really, really sad.
"It's such a shame that people's lives are taken for granted. Someone getting murdered doesn't happen around here. It's shocked the community."
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Consultation for School Streets expansion extended
Another said: "It doesn't happen around here. You don't even see police down here. All we have is burglaries."
One neighbour heard a car explode behind his house.
Anyone with information, pictures or video footage that could help the investigation is asked to call 101 quoting CAD 9907/19 Nov.