Teenager stabbed to death in Clayhall
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has died after being stabbed in Clayhall.
Officers were called to Owen Waters House, a block of flats in Fullwell Avenue, at around 10pm yesterday (Tuesday, November 19) to reports of a fight outside.
A 19-year-old man was found suffering from stab injuries and despite both police and paramedics giving him first aid, he died at the scene.
Police are investigating whether his death is linked to a fire at a nearby set of garages which broke out around the same time.
They are also attempting to trace his next of kin. No arrests have been made.
One neighbour told the Recorder: "It's quite worrying. You are a bit oblivious to it. You think it won't happen to you. It's really, really sad.
"It's such a shame that people's lives are taken for granted. Someone getting murdered doesn't happen around here. It's shocked the community."
- 1 Awards nomination for 'rights champion' schoolgirl, 9
- 2 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 3 Ilford social club elects new president for 2022
- 4 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 5 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 9 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 10 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
Another said: "It doesn't happen around here. You don't even see police down here. All we have is burglaries."
One neighbour heard a car explode behind his house.
Anyone with information, pictures or video footage that could help the investigation is asked to call 101 quoting CAD 9907/19 Nov.