Ilford man charged with murder in connection with Whitechapel shooting
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating the murder of a man in Whitechapel have charged a fourth man with murder.
Antonio Afflick-McLeod, of Mayfair Avenue, Ilford, has been charged with the murder of Iron Miah.
He has also been charged with possession with intent to supply cocaine, heroin, cannabis and MDMA, possession of a firearm.
Mr Afflick-McLeod, 28, is due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today, Saturday, January 11.
Police were called on Tuesday, November 19, to Nelson Street, after 40-year-old Mr Miah was found collapsed with a head injury.
You may also want to watch:
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended, and Mr Miah was taken to hospital.
He died on Thursday, November 21 and his family are being supported by specialist officers.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 4 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
A post-mortem examination held on November 25 determined the cause of death as a gunshot wound to the head.
Three men have previously been charged with Mr Miah's murder. They are all due to appear at the Old Bailey on February 14.