Ilford man charged with murder in connection with Whitechapel shooting
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating the murder of a man in Whitechapel have charged a fourth man with murder.
Antonio Afflick-McLeod, of Mayfair Avenue, Ilford, has been charged with the murder of Iron Miah.
He has also been charged with possession with intent to supply cocaine, heroin, cannabis and MDMA, possession of a firearm.
Mr Afflick-McLeod, 28, is due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today, Saturday, January 11.
Police were called on Tuesday, November 19, to Nelson Street, after 40-year-old Mr Miah was found collapsed with a head injury.
You may also want to watch:
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended, and Mr Miah was taken to hospital.
He died on Thursday, November 21 and his family are being supported by specialist officers.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 2 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 3 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 4 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 5 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 6 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 7 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 8 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 9 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack
- 10 South Woodford travel agents rated one of nation's best by trade mag
A post-mortem examination held on November 25 determined the cause of death as a gunshot wound to the head.
Three men have previously been charged with Mr Miah's murder. They are all due to appear at the Old Bailey on February 14.