Ilford man charged with murder in connection with Whitechapel shooting
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating the murder of a man in Whitechapel have charged a fourth man with murder.
Antonio Afflick-McLeod, of Mayfair Avenue, Ilford, has been charged with the murder of Iron Miah.
He has also been charged with possession with intent to supply cocaine, heroin, cannabis and MDMA, possession of a firearm.
Mr Afflick-McLeod, 28, is due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today, Saturday, January 11.
Police were called on Tuesday, November 19, to Nelson Street, after 40-year-old Mr Miah was found collapsed with a head injury.
You may also want to watch:
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended, and Mr Miah was taken to hospital.
He died on Thursday, November 21 and his family are being supported by specialist officers.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
A post-mortem examination held on November 25 determined the cause of death as a gunshot wound to the head.
Three men have previously been charged with Mr Miah's murder. They are all due to appear at the Old Bailey on February 14.