Four people arrested in connection with shooting at Chigwell sports complex
- Credit: Archant
A total of four people have now been arrested in connection with a shooting at a sports complex.
A 36-year-old man was shot in the shoulder during the incident at Woolston Hall, in Abridge Road, Chigwell, on September 7.
He received treatment in hospital, but was allowed to return home that evening.
A 29-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman were detained early on yesterday after the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate executed search warrants at Loughton and Waltham Abbey.
The man, from Loughton, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, while the woman, from Waltham Abbey, was held on suspicion of money laundering.
You may also want to watch:
A further two people were arrested when they attended Harlow police station yesterday afternoon.
A 30-year-old man, from Dagenham, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and a 25-year-old man, from Waltham Abbey, was arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
A spokesman for Essex Police said all four have been bailed until February 17, pending further enquiries.