Four people arrested in connection with shooting at Chigwell sports complex
- Credit: Archant
A total of four people have now been arrested in connection with a shooting at a sports complex.
A 36-year-old man was shot in the shoulder during the incident at Woolston Hall, in Abridge Road, Chigwell, on September 7.
He received treatment in hospital, but was allowed to return home that evening.
A 29-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman were detained early on yesterday after the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate executed search warrants at Loughton and Waltham Abbey.
The man, from Loughton, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, while the woman, from Waltham Abbey, was held on suspicion of money laundering.
You may also want to watch:
A further two people were arrested when they attended Harlow police station yesterday afternoon.
A 30-year-old man, from Dagenham, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and a 25-year-old man, from Waltham Abbey, was arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
A spokesman for Essex Police said all four have been bailed until February 17, pending further enquiries.