Four people arrested in connection with shooting at Chigwell sports complex
- Credit: Archant
A total of four people have now been arrested in connection with a shooting at a sports complex.
A 36-year-old man was shot in the shoulder during the incident at Woolston Hall, in Abridge Road, Chigwell, on September 7.
He received treatment in hospital, but was allowed to return home that evening.
A 29-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman were detained early on yesterday after the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate executed search warrants at Loughton and Waltham Abbey.
The man, from Loughton, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, while the woman, from Waltham Abbey, was held on suspicion of money laundering.
You may also want to watch:
A further two people were arrested when they attended Harlow police station yesterday afternoon.
A 30-year-old man, from Dagenham, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and a 25-year-old man, from Waltham Abbey, was arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
A spokesman for Essex Police said all four have been bailed until February 17, pending further enquiries.