Four people arrested in connection with shooting at Chigwell sports complex
- Credit: Archant
A total of four people have now been arrested in connection with a shooting at a sports complex.
A 36-year-old man was shot in the shoulder during the incident at Woolston Hall, in Abridge Road, Chigwell, on September 7.
He received treatment in hospital, but was allowed to return home that evening.
A 29-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman were detained early on yesterday after the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate executed search warrants at Loughton and Waltham Abbey.
The man, from Loughton, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, while the woman, from Waltham Abbey, was held on suspicion of money laundering.
You may also want to watch:
A further two people were arrested when they attended Harlow police station yesterday afternoon.
A 30-year-old man, from Dagenham, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and a 25-year-old man, from Waltham Abbey, was arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death
- 7 Ilford North MP questions home secretary over 'lost' police records
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
A spokesman for Essex Police said all four have been bailed until February 17, pending further enquiries.