Four people arrested in connection with shooting at Chigwell sports complex
- Credit: Archant
A total of four people have now been arrested in connection with a shooting at a sports complex.
A 36-year-old man was shot in the shoulder during the incident at Woolston Hall, in Abridge Road, Chigwell, on September 7.
He received treatment in hospital, but was allowed to return home that evening.
A 29-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman were detained early on yesterday after the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate executed search warrants at Loughton and Waltham Abbey.
The man, from Loughton, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, while the woman, from Waltham Abbey, was held on suspicion of money laundering.
A further two people were arrested when they attended Harlow police station yesterday afternoon.
A 30-year-old man, from Dagenham, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and a 25-year-old man, from Waltham Abbey, was arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life.
- 1 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- 4 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 5 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
- 6 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 7 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Met investigates cause of Mossford Green cemetery blaze
- 9 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 10 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
A spokesman for Essex Police said all four have been bailed until February 17, pending further enquiries.