Four men arrested at Chadwell Heath business after UK Border Agency raid
Four men were arrested at an Asian snack food supplier after a UK Border Agency raid.
The swoop, on Wednesday last week, took place at Best Food Manufacturers, in Freshwater Road, Chadwell Heath.
Three of the Indian staff members, aged 22, 40 and 50, had overstayed their visas while another, aged 21, was found to have entered the country illegally.
The 40 and 50-year-olds are in immigration detention while steps are taken to remove them from the country at the earliest opportunity.
The other two have been granted immigration bail and will have to report regularly to the UK Border Agency while it looks into their cases.
You may also want to watch:
Best Food Manufacturers was served with a notice which warned that the company will receive a fine of up to �10,000 per illegal worker unless proof is provided that the correct right-to-work checks were carried out.
Steve Fisher, from the UK Border Agency, said such operations are “regularly carried out”.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours