Four men arrested at Chadwell Heath business after UK Border Agency raid
Four men were arrested at an Asian snack food supplier after a UK Border Agency raid.
The swoop, on Wednesday last week, took place at Best Food Manufacturers, in Freshwater Road, Chadwell Heath.
Three of the Indian staff members, aged 22, 40 and 50, had overstayed their visas while another, aged 21, was found to have entered the country illegally.
The 40 and 50-year-olds are in immigration detention while steps are taken to remove them from the country at the earliest opportunity.
The other two have been granted immigration bail and will have to report regularly to the UK Border Agency while it looks into their cases.
You may also want to watch:
Best Food Manufacturers was served with a notice which warned that the company will receive a fine of up to �10,000 per illegal worker unless proof is provided that the correct right-to-work checks were carried out.
Steve Fisher, from the UK Border Agency, said such operations are “regularly carried out”.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford