Four men arrested at Chadwell Heath business after UK Border Agency raid
Four men were arrested at an Asian snack food supplier after a UK Border Agency raid.
The swoop, on Wednesday last week, took place at Best Food Manufacturers, in Freshwater Road, Chadwell Heath.
Three of the Indian staff members, aged 22, 40 and 50, had overstayed their visas while another, aged 21, was found to have entered the country illegally.
The 40 and 50-year-olds are in immigration detention while steps are taken to remove them from the country at the earliest opportunity.
The other two have been granted immigration bail and will have to report regularly to the UK Border Agency while it looks into their cases.
You may also want to watch:
Best Food Manufacturers was served with a notice which warned that the company will receive a fine of up to �10,000 per illegal worker unless proof is provided that the correct right-to-work checks were carried out.
Steve Fisher, from the UK Border Agency, said such operations are “regularly carried out”.
- 1 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 2 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 3 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 4 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 9 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 10 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis