Four cannabis farms shut down during Redbridge Police drugs raid
Four cannabis farms, 28 warrants and 18 arrests were all in a day’s work by Redbridge Police during a special operation against drug dealers.
Codenamed Operation Hawk, police started work at 6am on Wednesday of last week targeting street level drug dealing and cannabis farms.
The operation was based on information supplied by members of the community.
A 43-year-old man from Seven Kings and a 43-year-old woman from Wanstead were both arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis and possession with intent to supply.
They have been bailed and will return to Ilford Police Station, High Road, Ilford in May.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Naomi Edwards said: “This was not just an ad hoc day of action. We encourage residents to report suspected drug activity in their neighborhoods so that we can deal with the issues immediately. We want to make it stop”.
If you have information about anyone who may be dealing or growing cannabis you should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
Cannabis farms - what to look out for:
• Strong and sickly sweet smell
• Cannabis growing equipment
• Constant covered or blocked off windows
• Visitors at unsociable hours
• Strong and constant lighting day and night
• High levels of heat and condensation
• Constant buzz of ventilation
• Lots of cables