Four arrested and policeman injured as cars crash in Ilford town centre
- Credit: Archant
Four people have been arrested after a vehicle and a police car crashed in Ilford.
The cars collided at the junction of Green Lane and High Road.
Three fire engines and specialist fire unit were called to the crash at 12.36pm today, June 21.
Firefighters cut loose an injured woman trapped inside one of the cars. Two men were also reportedly injured.
Three men and one woman were detained and arrested at the scene.
The men have been taken to a police station and the woman has been taken to hospital as a precaution.
Road closures were put in place following the crash and traffic in neighbouring roads is moving slowly.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 5 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 6 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 7 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 8 Found: Missing girl who was believed to have travelled to east London
- 9 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 10 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
Fire brigades from Barking, Dagenham, Ilford and East Ham attended, with 16 firefighters responding in total.
One officer suffered leg injuries and has been taken to hospital.
His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening or changing.
Road closures remain in place.