Four arrested and policeman injured as cars crash in Ilford town centre
- Credit: Archant
Four people have been arrested after a vehicle and a police car crashed in Ilford.
The cars collided at the junction of Green Lane and High Road.
Three fire engines and specialist fire unit were called to the crash at 12.36pm today, June 21.
Firefighters cut loose an injured woman trapped inside one of the cars. Two men were also reportedly injured.
Three men and one woman were detained and arrested at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The men have been taken to a police station and the woman has been taken to hospital as a precaution.
Road closures were put in place following the crash and traffic in neighbouring roads is moving slowly.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Gants Hill care worker's daughter wins Bafta
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
Fire brigades from Barking, Dagenham, Ilford and East Ham attended, with 16 firefighters responding in total.
One officer suffered leg injuries and has been taken to hospital.
His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening or changing.
Road closures remain in place.