Four arrested and policeman injured as cars crash in Ilford town centre
- Credit: Archant
Four people have been arrested after a vehicle and a police car crashed in Ilford.
The cars collided at the junction of Green Lane and High Road.
Three fire engines and specialist fire unit were called to the crash at 12.36pm today, June 21.
Firefighters cut loose an injured woman trapped inside one of the cars. Two men were also reportedly injured.
Three men and one woman were detained and arrested at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The men have been taken to a police station and the woman has been taken to hospital as a precaution.
Road closures were put in place following the crash and traffic in neighbouring roads is moving slowly.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 3 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
Fire brigades from Barking, Dagenham, Ilford and East Ham attended, with 16 firefighters responding in total.
One officer suffered leg injuries and has been taken to hospital.
His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening or changing.
Road closures remain in place.