Four arrested and policeman injured as cars crash in Ilford town centre
- Credit: Archant
Four people have been arrested after a vehicle and a police car crashed in Ilford.
The cars collided at the junction of Green Lane and High Road.
Three fire engines and specialist fire unit were called to the crash at 12.36pm today, June 21.
Firefighters cut loose an injured woman trapped inside one of the cars. Two men were also reportedly injured.
Three men and one woman were detained and arrested at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The men have been taken to a police station and the woman has been taken to hospital as a precaution.
Road closures were put in place following the crash and traffic in neighbouring roads is moving slowly.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
Fire brigades from Barking, Dagenham, Ilford and East Ham attended, with 16 firefighters responding in total.
One officer suffered leg injuries and has been taken to hospital.
His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening or changing.
Road closures remain in place.