Four arrested and policeman injured as cars crash in Ilford town centre
- Credit: Archant
Four people have been arrested after a vehicle and a police car crashed in Ilford.
The cars collided at the junction of Green Lane and High Road.
Three fire engines and specialist fire unit were called to the crash at 12.36pm today, June 21.
Firefighters cut loose an injured woman trapped inside one of the cars. Two men were also reportedly injured.
Three men and one woman were detained and arrested at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The men have been taken to a police station and the woman has been taken to hospital as a precaution.
Road closures were put in place following the crash and traffic in neighbouring roads is moving slowly.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
Fire brigades from Barking, Dagenham, Ilford and East Ham attended, with 16 firefighters responding in total.
One officer suffered leg injuries and has been taken to hospital.
His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening or changing.
Road closures remain in place.