Former Snaresbrook Crown Court worker, of South Woodford, in court charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
A former Snaresbrook Crown Court prosecution case worker accused of killing a pensioner in her own home was this morning remanded in custody.
Thomas Blazquez, 50, of Onslow Gardens, South Woodford, is charged with the murder of 72-year-old Rosemary Shearman, whose body was discovered by police at her home on Tuesday.
Detectives believe Mrs Shearman, of Platford Green, Hornchurch, was bound, gagged and knifed. She had been preparing for a Saga cruise.
Police found Blazquez injured in Mrs Shearman’s bathroom and he was taken to hospital.
Blazquez, wearing hospital robes and a dressing gown, spoke only to confirm his name, age and address during today’s four-minute hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court.
You may also want to watch:
The right arm of the former Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) case worker was heavily bandaged.
Chair of the bench Sarah Houston sent the case to the Old Bailey and told Blazquez: “You will attend there on September 11 for a preliminary hearing.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 6 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Ilford North MP questions home secretary over 'lost' police records
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Seven Kings novelist among winners of London Writers Awards
- 10 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death
“You will be remanded in custody for the meantime.”
Blazquez, who is now unemployed, worked for CPS London as a case worker between January 1988 and November 2012.
He was well known around London courts such as the Old Bailey and Snaresbrook.
Blazquez will appear at the Old Bailey on September 11 for a preliminary hearing.