Five men arrested after armed robbery at Milap Mini Market, Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested after an armed robbery in a Chadwell Heath off-licence this afternoon.
Armed police were called to Milap Mini Market, High Road at 3.40pm after reports of an armed robbery in progress.
Its owner has been taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, with a head and leg injury according to his son Milap Shah, 29.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said they were called to reports of an assault.
The off-licence has a Western Union money transfer shop inside it.
You may also want to watch:
According to Mr Shah, his father has been mugged twice and his shop targeted by burglars in the last 18 months.
He said: “It’s shocking. He’s just trying to make a living.”
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
Milap Mini Market is close to High Road’s junction with Whalebone Lane North.
The five men arrested are currently in custody in unnamed east London police stations.
Officers from Flying Squad are investigating.
• Did you see what happened? Call 020 8477 3806, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.