Five men arrested after armed robbery at Milap Mini Market, Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested after an armed robbery in a Chadwell Heath off-licence this afternoon.
Armed police were called to Milap Mini Market, High Road at 3.40pm after reports of an armed robbery in progress.
Its owner has been taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, with a head and leg injury according to his son Milap Shah, 29.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said they were called to reports of an assault.
The off-licence has a Western Union money transfer shop inside it.
According to Mr Shah, his father has been mugged twice and his shop targeted by burglars in the last 18 months.
He said: “It’s shocking. He’s just trying to make a living.”
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'There was no life without resistance': World War Two veteran dies aged 94
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 8 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
- 9 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 10 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
Milap Mini Market is close to High Road’s junction with Whalebone Lane North.
The five men arrested are currently in custody in unnamed east London police stations.
Officers from Flying Squad are investigating.
• Did you see what happened? Call 020 8477 3806, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.