Five men arrested after armed robbery at Milap Mini Market, Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested after an armed robbery in a Chadwell Heath off-licence this afternoon.
Armed police were called to Milap Mini Market, High Road at 3.40pm after reports of an armed robbery in progress.
Its owner has been taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, with a head and leg injury according to his son Milap Shah, 29.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said they were called to reports of an assault.
The off-licence has a Western Union money transfer shop inside it.
According to Mr Shah, his father has been mugged twice and his shop targeted by burglars in the last 18 months.
He said: “It’s shocking. He’s just trying to make a living.”
- 1 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
- 9 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 10 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
Milap Mini Market is close to High Road’s junction with Whalebone Lane North.
The five men arrested are currently in custody in unnamed east London police stations.
Officers from Flying Squad are investigating.
• Did you see what happened? Call 020 8477 3806, or email email@example.com.