Five men arrested after armed robbery at Milap Mini Market, Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested after an armed robbery in a Chadwell Heath off-licence this afternoon.
Armed police were called to Milap Mini Market, High Road at 3.40pm after reports of an armed robbery in progress.
Its owner has been taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, with a head and leg injury according to his son Milap Shah, 29.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said they were called to reports of an assault.
The off-licence has a Western Union money transfer shop inside it.
You may also want to watch:
According to Mr Shah, his father has been mugged twice and his shop targeted by burglars in the last 18 months.
He said: “It’s shocking. He’s just trying to make a living.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
Milap Mini Market is close to High Road’s junction with Whalebone Lane North.
The five men arrested are currently in custody in unnamed east London police stations.
Officers from Flying Squad are investigating.
• Did you see what happened? Call 020 8477 3806, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.