Five in court over murder of Thomas Cudjoe of Ilford
Five men charged over the death of 29-year-old Thomas Cudjoe appeared in court this morning.
Mr Cudjoe, of Richmond Road, Ilford died of stab wounds to the chest and legs in Ley Street, Ilford on Saturday.
They appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court, Cranbrook Road, Barkingside.
Jerome Green, 23, of Ashgrove Road, Seven Kings and Asher Johnson, 24, of the Isle of Dogs were charged both with murder.
Reece Garwood, 20, of Romford and Lewis Johnson, 21, of Poplar were charged with conspiracy to murder.
You may also want to watch:
All four were also charged with possession of an offensive weapon.
Courtney Mitchell, 22, of Clandon Road, Seven Kings was charged with murder.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge
The five will appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday for their bail hearing and return on February 14 for plea and case management.