Five-a-side soccer match to combat domestic violence
Men are being called on to help raise awareness of domestic violence by taking part in a football tournament.
Teams and individuals can join the five-a-side competition on November 24 at Fairlop Power League, Forest Road, Hainault.
It is being organised by London Tigers FC to mark White Ribbon Day on November 25.
The national day aims to encourage men to take more responsibility in reducing levels of domestic violence.
There will be 16 teams, including organisations that work to tackle domestic violence. It is from 10am to 3pm and is free with trophies for the winners.
You may also want to watch:
Call 020 7289 3395 and quote Redbridge White Ribbon Day, as a reference.
Teams must be submitted by Saturday.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 4 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 5 Care home resident died after choking on sandwich, inquest hears
- 6 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 7 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 8 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
White Ribbon Day is also known as the UN International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and pledges of support can be made at www.whiteribboncampaign.co.uk.