Five-a-side soccer match to combat domestic violence
Men are being called on to help raise awareness of domestic violence by taking part in a football tournament.
Teams and individuals can join the five-a-side competition on November 24 at Fairlop Power League, Forest Road, Hainault.
It is being organised by London Tigers FC to mark White Ribbon Day on November 25.
The national day aims to encourage men to take more responsibility in reducing levels of domestic violence.
There will be 16 teams, including organisations that work to tackle domestic violence. It is from 10am to 3pm and is free with trophies for the winners.
You may also want to watch:
Call 020 7289 3395 and quote Redbridge White Ribbon Day, as a reference.
Teams must be submitted by Saturday.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 7 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
White Ribbon Day is also known as the UN International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and pledges of support can be made at www.whiteribboncampaign.co.uk.