Five-a-side soccer match to combat domestic violence
Men are being called on to help raise awareness of domestic violence by taking part in a football tournament.
Teams and individuals can join the five-a-side competition on November 24 at Fairlop Power League, Forest Road, Hainault.
It is being organised by London Tigers FC to mark White Ribbon Day on November 25.
The national day aims to encourage men to take more responsibility in reducing levels of domestic violence.
There will be 16 teams, including organisations that work to tackle domestic violence. It is from 10am to 3pm and is free with trophies for the winners.
You may also want to watch:
Call 020 7289 3395 and quote Redbridge White Ribbon Day, as a reference.
Teams must be submitted by Saturday.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 10 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
White Ribbon Day is also known as the UN International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and pledges of support can be made at www.whiteribboncampaign.co.uk.