Five-a-side soccer match to combat domestic violence
Men are being called on to help raise awareness of domestic violence by taking part in a football tournament.
Teams and individuals can join the five-a-side competition on November 24 at Fairlop Power League, Forest Road, Hainault.
It is being organised by London Tigers FC to mark White Ribbon Day on November 25.
The national day aims to encourage men to take more responsibility in reducing levels of domestic violence.
There will be 16 teams, including organisations that work to tackle domestic violence. It is from 10am to 3pm and is free with trophies for the winners.
Call 020 7289 3395 and quote Redbridge White Ribbon Day, as a reference.
Teams must be submitted by Saturday.
- 1 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 2 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 3 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 4 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 6 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 7 'Truly inspiring' journalist returns to school to tell her story to students
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Wendy's to open Ilford restaurant next week
- 10 Redbridge Conservatives choose new leader
White Ribbon Day is also known as the UN International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and pledges of support can be made at www.whiteribboncampaign.co.uk.