Five-a-side soccer match to combat domestic violence
Men are being called on to help raise awareness of domestic violence by taking part in a football tournament.
Teams and individuals can join the five-a-side competition on November 24 at Fairlop Power League, Forest Road, Hainault.
It is being organised by London Tigers FC to mark White Ribbon Day on November 25.
The national day aims to encourage men to take more responsibility in reducing levels of domestic violence.
There will be 16 teams, including organisations that work to tackle domestic violence. It is from 10am to 3pm and is free with trophies for the winners.
You may also want to watch:
Call 020 7289 3395 and quote Redbridge White Ribbon Day, as a reference.
Teams must be submitted by Saturday.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
White Ribbon Day is also known as the UN International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and pledges of support can be made at www.whiteribboncampaign.co.uk.