Fire leads to power failure in Clayhall Road
A HOUSE blaze caused the lights to go out in a Clayhall road after electrical wires started to burn.
A crew from Ilford and Hainault fire stations rushed to Herent Drive at 11.30pm last night after a woman’s home started filling with smoke.
Firefighters tracked down the blaze to a neighbour’s house undergoing refurbishment.
Wires in a cupboard beneath the stairs had burnt out, causing intermittent power failure to other homes in Herent Drive.
Fire crews, who spent 30 minutes controlling the blaze, had to stay at the scene for several hours while workmen fixed the power problem.
You may also want to watch:
The house escaped serious fire damage and no one was inside the home at the time.
A family from the neighbouring home stayed at a friend’s house to escape the smoke.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman