Fire at Ilford’s Loaded restaurant in Cranbrook Road blamed on ‘extra hot burger’
- Credit: Google
A restaurant in Ilford has reopened after its “extra hot burgers” were blamed for causing a fire.
Two fire engines were called to Loaded Gourmet Burgers and Fries, Cranbrook Road, Ilford, yesterday after the blaze broke out.
On Twitter, the chain joked the fire had been caused by one of its Machete Burns hot burgers.
Supervisor Haseeb Yazdan said: “There was a small mishap, but the fire was contained in a single room.
“It was actually started by a small electrical fault, but we thought blaming it on the burger would be a good way to tell our customers the shop was temporary closed.
“The hottest burger we have is pretty hot – almost hot enough to cause a fire.”
London Fire Brigade said: “We were called at 9.12pm to attend to a fire on a ground floor of a shop.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'There was no life without resistance': World War Two veteran dies aged 94
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 8 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
- 9 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 10 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
“Nine people had left the building before we arrived, and one person was treated for smoke inhalation.”