Fire at Ilford’s Loaded restaurant in Cranbrook Road blamed on ‘extra hot burger’
- Credit: Google
A restaurant in Ilford has reopened after its “extra hot burgers” were blamed for causing a fire.
Two fire engines were called to Loaded Gourmet Burgers and Fries, Cranbrook Road, Ilford, yesterday after the blaze broke out.
On Twitter, the chain joked the fire had been caused by one of its Machete Burns hot burgers.
Supervisor Haseeb Yazdan said: “There was a small mishap, but the fire was contained in a single room.
“It was actually started by a small electrical fault, but we thought blaming it on the burger would be a good way to tell our customers the shop was temporary closed.
You may also want to watch:
“The hottest burger we have is pretty hot – almost hot enough to cause a fire.”
London Fire Brigade said: “We were called at 9.12pm to attend to a fire on a ground floor of a shop.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 5 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 6 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 7 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
“Nine people had left the building before we arrived, and one person was treated for smoke inhalation.”