Fire at Ilford’s Loaded restaurant in Cranbrook Road blamed on ‘extra hot burger’
- Credit: Google
A restaurant in Ilford has reopened after its “extra hot burgers” were blamed for causing a fire.
Two fire engines were called to Loaded Gourmet Burgers and Fries, Cranbrook Road, Ilford, yesterday after the blaze broke out.
On Twitter, the chain joked the fire had been caused by one of its Machete Burns hot burgers.
Supervisor Haseeb Yazdan said: “There was a small mishap, but the fire was contained in a single room.
“It was actually started by a small electrical fault, but we thought blaming it on the burger would be a good way to tell our customers the shop was temporary closed.
You may also want to watch:
“The hottest burger we have is pretty hot – almost hot enough to cause a fire.”
London Fire Brigade said: “We were called at 9.12pm to attend to a fire on a ground floor of a shop.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 5 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 6 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 7 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
“Nine people had left the building before we arrived, and one person was treated for smoke inhalation.”