Fire at Ilford’s Loaded restaurant in Cranbrook Road blamed on ‘extra hot burger’
- Credit: Google
A restaurant in Ilford has reopened after its “extra hot burgers” were blamed for causing a fire.
Two fire engines were called to Loaded Gourmet Burgers and Fries, Cranbrook Road, Ilford, yesterday after the blaze broke out.
On Twitter, the chain joked the fire had been caused by one of its Machete Burns hot burgers.
Supervisor Haseeb Yazdan said: “There was a small mishap, but the fire was contained in a single room.
“It was actually started by a small electrical fault, but we thought blaming it on the burger would be a good way to tell our customers the shop was temporary closed.
You may also want to watch:
“The hottest burger we have is pretty hot – almost hot enough to cause a fire.”
London Fire Brigade said: “We were called at 9.12pm to attend to a fire on a ground floor of a shop.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 10 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
“Nine people had left the building before we arrived, and one person was treated for smoke inhalation.”