Fire at Ilford’s Loaded restaurant in Cranbrook Road blamed on ‘extra hot burger’
- Credit: Google
A restaurant in Ilford has reopened after its “extra hot burgers” were blamed for causing a fire.
Two fire engines were called to Loaded Gourmet Burgers and Fries, Cranbrook Road, Ilford, yesterday after the blaze broke out.
On Twitter, the chain joked the fire had been caused by one of its Machete Burns hot burgers.
Supervisor Haseeb Yazdan said: “There was a small mishap, but the fire was contained in a single room.
“It was actually started by a small electrical fault, but we thought blaming it on the burger would be a good way to tell our customers the shop was temporary closed.
You may also want to watch:
“The hottest burger we have is pretty hot – almost hot enough to cause a fire.”
London Fire Brigade said: “We were called at 9.12pm to attend to a fire on a ground floor of a shop.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
“Nine people had left the building before we arrived, and one person was treated for smoke inhalation.”