Fifth Wanstead Fringe returns on Saturday
- Credit: Geoff Wilkinson
Wanstead’s annual dose of theatre, music and entertainment returns for its fifth year this Saturday.
The Wanstead Fringe, run by Wansteadium, is showcasing 40 different events across the area from September 9 to 16.
There are regular favourites returning like the Wanstead Kinema, which will be showing Disney’s Moana in a beautiful setting in the grounds of Christ Church on the final day.
There are also music, talks, demonstrations, comedy with the brilliant Paul Sinha and the Wanstead Fringe jumble sale.
For the over 18s, head to the Cherry Tree at 7.30pm on Wednesday for 50 Shades of Wanstead.
You may also want to watch:
Author Geraldine Roberts will be talking about her book, The Angel and the Cad, which tells the scandulous story of the final owners of Wanstead House.
Cheese will be provided by Ben Milne from Bombetta.
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
Giles Wilson, of the Wanstead Fringe Association, said: “Wanstead people have really taken the idea of the Fringe to their hearts, and we are delighted so many organisations and businesses are now taking part.
“To have people like Paul Sinha and Chris Difford along with so many Wanstead people is such a good sign that cultural life in Wanstead is thriving.”
To see details on all 40 events head to wansteadfringe.wansteadium.com.