Fifth Wanstead Fringe returns on Saturday
- Credit: Geoff Wilkinson
Wanstead’s annual dose of theatre, music and entertainment returns for its fifth year this Saturday.
The Wanstead Fringe, run by Wansteadium, is showcasing 40 different events across the area from September 9 to 16.
There are regular favourites returning like the Wanstead Kinema, which will be showing Disney’s Moana in a beautiful setting in the grounds of Christ Church on the final day.
There are also music, talks, demonstrations, comedy with the brilliant Paul Sinha and the Wanstead Fringe jumble sale.
For the over 18s, head to the Cherry Tree at 7.30pm on Wednesday for 50 Shades of Wanstead.
You may also want to watch:
Author Geraldine Roberts will be talking about her book, The Angel and the Cad, which tells the scandulous story of the final owners of Wanstead House.
Cheese will be provided by Ben Milne from Bombetta.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
Giles Wilson, of the Wanstead Fringe Association, said: “Wanstead people have really taken the idea of the Fringe to their hearts, and we are delighted so many organisations and businesses are now taking part.
“To have people like Paul Sinha and Chris Difford along with so many Wanstead people is such a good sign that cultural life in Wanstead is thriving.”
To see details on all 40 events head to wansteadfringe.wansteadium.com.