Fifth Wanstead Fringe returns on Saturday
- Credit: Geoff Wilkinson
Wanstead’s annual dose of theatre, music and entertainment returns for its fifth year this Saturday.
The Wanstead Fringe, run by Wansteadium, is showcasing 40 different events across the area from September 9 to 16.
There are regular favourites returning like the Wanstead Kinema, which will be showing Disney’s Moana in a beautiful setting in the grounds of Christ Church on the final day.
There are also music, talks, demonstrations, comedy with the brilliant Paul Sinha and the Wanstead Fringe jumble sale.
For the over 18s, head to the Cherry Tree at 7.30pm on Wednesday for 50 Shades of Wanstead.
Author Geraldine Roberts will be talking about her book, The Angel and the Cad, which tells the scandulous story of the final owners of Wanstead House.
Cheese will be provided by Ben Milne from Bombetta.
- 1 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 2 Community opposition to Hainault bank closure
- 3 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 4 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 7 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 8 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 9 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
- 10 Five tower blocks included in housing plans for Sainsbury's in Ilford
Giles Wilson, of the Wanstead Fringe Association, said: “Wanstead people have really taken the idea of the Fringe to their hearts, and we are delighted so many organisations and businesses are now taking part.
“To have people like Paul Sinha and Chris Difford along with so many Wanstead people is such a good sign that cultural life in Wanstead is thriving.”
To see details on all 40 events head to wansteadfringe.wansteadium.com.