Fifth Wanstead Fringe returns on Saturday
- Credit: Geoff Wilkinson
Wanstead’s annual dose of theatre, music and entertainment returns for its fifth year this Saturday.
The Wanstead Fringe, run by Wansteadium, is showcasing 40 different events across the area from September 9 to 16.
There are regular favourites returning like the Wanstead Kinema, which will be showing Disney’s Moana in a beautiful setting in the grounds of Christ Church on the final day.
There are also music, talks, demonstrations, comedy with the brilliant Paul Sinha and the Wanstead Fringe jumble sale.
For the over 18s, head to the Cherry Tree at 7.30pm on Wednesday for 50 Shades of Wanstead.
You may also want to watch:
Author Geraldine Roberts will be talking about her book, The Angel and the Cad, which tells the scandulous story of the final owners of Wanstead House.
Cheese will be provided by Ben Milne from Bombetta.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
Giles Wilson, of the Wanstead Fringe Association, said: “Wanstead people have really taken the idea of the Fringe to their hearts, and we are delighted so many organisations and businesses are now taking part.
“To have people like Paul Sinha and Chris Difford along with so many Wanstead people is such a good sign that cultural life in Wanstead is thriving.”
To see details on all 40 events head to wansteadfringe.wansteadium.com.