Father-of-two threatens council tax protest over Ilford Lane prostitution
One man is so outraged at prostitutes loitering outside his house, condoms being left in the street and loud noise late at night he is threatening to not pay council tax.
Father-of-two Ediz Mustafa, 37, said it is becoming unbearable to live in his street due to prostitutes, despite his wife regularly calling police.
Mr Mustafa of Ilford Lane, Ilford, said: “We want them off our doorstep. There are prostitutes there every night and no one moves them along.”
He said his neighbours are equally frustrated with the prostitutes, with one deciding to sell up and leave the area.
“She says the area’s not good enough. There are other residents thinking of not paying their council tax too,” he added. “I think all the residents shouldn’t pay it.”
You may also want to watch:
He said his six-year-old son one day asked him why one of the women was standing outside their house.
He said: “I told him she was waiting for a cab. Then he saw her again another day and asked if she was still waiting for that taxi. What are you meant to say to a six-year-old?”
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge