Woodford Green gamily to take part in Star Walk in memory of mum and wife who received treatment at Saint Francis Hospice
- Credit: Saint Francis Hospice
A Woodford Green family are taking part in Saint Francis Hospice’s Star Walk in memory of a beloved mum and wife who received treatment at the hospice before she died.
On Saturday, September 22, Amanda Green is taking part in the 10k walk around Romford town centre for the second time to help ensure the charity can continue providing its specialist end of life care services.
This year her husband Stuart and her dad Howard Bennett, will also be walking alongside her and her friends Jo Baker and Chris Gentle and Chris’ son Finlay, as men have been invited to join in the event’s 10th birthday celebrations.
Amanda’s mum, Salli Hope Bennett, 80, who had lived with an autoimmune condition for 16 years, was diagnosed with lung cancer in September 2016.
The following month she was referred to the hospice in Havering-atte-Bower where she spent the last few weeks of her life
Amanda, 51 said: “It’s great to be taking part in the Star Walk for the hospice again; it’s a fun night with a real sense of camaraderie, and it’s lovely to walk in Mum’s memory as team Walking With Hope.
“It also gives us the opportunity to significantly fundraise because Saint Francis Hospice needs every penny to be able to keep offering the incredible care to other patients and families that Mum and my family were so fortunate to receive.”
To sign up for the Star Walk visit the hospice website, call 01708 753319 ext 2278 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 3 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 8 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 9 Two more men charged with murder after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements