Woodford Green gamily to take part in Star Walk in memory of mum and wife who received treatment at Saint Francis Hospice
- Credit: Saint Francis Hospice
A Woodford Green family are taking part in Saint Francis Hospice’s Star Walk in memory of a beloved mum and wife who received treatment at the hospice before she died.
On Saturday, September 22, Amanda Green is taking part in the 10k walk around Romford town centre for the second time to help ensure the charity can continue providing its specialist end of life care services.
This year her husband Stuart and her dad Howard Bennett, will also be walking alongside her and her friends Jo Baker and Chris Gentle and Chris’ son Finlay, as men have been invited to join in the event’s 10th birthday celebrations.
Amanda’s mum, Salli Hope Bennett, 80, who had lived with an autoimmune condition for 16 years, was diagnosed with lung cancer in September 2016.
The following month she was referred to the hospice in Havering-atte-Bower where she spent the last few weeks of her life
You may also want to watch:
Amanda, 51 said: “It’s great to be taking part in the Star Walk for the hospice again; it’s a fun night with a real sense of camaraderie, and it’s lovely to walk in Mum’s memory as team Walking With Hope.
“It also gives us the opportunity to significantly fundraise because Saint Francis Hospice needs every penny to be able to keep offering the incredible care to other patients and families that Mum and my family were so fortunate to receive.”
To sign up for the Star Walk visit the hospice website, call 01708 753319 ext 2278 or email email@example.com
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home