Hainault stabbing: Hundreds pay their respects to young father-to-be stabbed to death in the street
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of friends and family paid their respects after a 23-year-old father-to-be was brutally murdered on his birthday in Hainault.
Moses Mayele had just picked up some food when he was knifed to death in Manford Way, on Friday, October 12, around 10.20pm.
Police and the London Ambulance Service attended but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Mourners gathered at the spot where he was killed on Tuesday, October 16, to light candles, lay flowers and remember the much-loved man who was expecting a baby with his girlfriend.
Ben Abraham paid tribute to his friend by setting up a fundraising page to pay for his funeral.
You may also want to watch:
“Moses grew up with a true love for football. From the age of five we used to play together in his courtyard – we used to play in each other’s houses too,” he said
“As an adult, Moses would maintain a clean haircut almost every week and also spent a lot of time in the gym, and built a great physique.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
“He loved a bit of banter and had a charismatic cocky personality which made him so different.”
Ben said that he was dependable, generous and selfless and would do anything for his loved ones and the incident was a true loss for his friends and family.
“We will all love and remember Moses forever,” he added.
A 22-year-old man was injured in the incident and witnesses said men in balaclavas attacked the pair “for no apparent reason”. The friend was taken to hospital with critical injuries, but police confirmed he is now in a “serious but stable” condition.
A burnt-out car in Clayhall is also being investigated in connection to the murder.
Police were called by the London Fire Brigade at 5.18am on Saturday, October 13, to reports of a car on fire in Park View Gardens at the end of Lord Gardens.
Clayhall residents who heard anything or have CCTV from surrounding roads should get in contact with the police.
Of particular interest is a sighting of a small Volkswagen car.
Call 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 8451/12Oct.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800555111.
To donate visit gofundme.com/rip-moses-mayele