Families found living in underground rooms in Seven Kings with no light or ventilation
- Credit: Archant
Multiple families have been found living in three underground rooms without any natural light or proper ventilation.
Officers from Redbridge Council made the shocking discovery at a property in the Seven Kings area on Wednesday and have since shut the premises and served notice to the landlord.
They say they are still investigating a further 70 addresses in the area.
The London Fire Brigade has also served its own prohibition notices as the property had no means of escape in case of a fire.
The council raided the property as part of their latest action day in partnership with the police, to clamp down on anti-social behaviour, fly-tipping and issues around licensing and environmental health.
You may also want to watch:
Further details relating to the number of people living at the property, as well as their age, sex and how long they have been living there, are yet to be released.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 7 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 8 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays