Faces nightclub owner has ‘never seen anything like it’ after woman punched unconscious to the floor by man outside venue

The woman was knocked out after the incident

The woman was knocked out after the incident - Credit: Archant

One of the owners of Faces nightclub is “beyond shocked” after a woman was punched unconscious by a man outside the venue, and told the Recorder he has never seen anything like the violent incident before.

Tony Bee said the assualt on Saturday July 28 at 3am occurred 30 minutes after the club had closed for the night, on Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill.

As soon as managers who were still in the building heard about it, they went outside to help.

“I have been doing this job since the 70s and I have not seen anything like it before,” he said.

“It was 50 yards down the road, but we did the moral thing and went to give her assistance.”

Footage that has since gone viral online shows a young man brutally punching a young woman in the face twice, leaving her sprawled on the floor, apparently unconscious.

The owner revealed that the two people involved in the incident had both been at the club but confirmed there was “no hint” of a problem between the pair while they were inside.

Most Read

Faces has a policy of scanning all IDs on entry to the venue, and Tony confirmed management had passed the suspect’s information on to the police.`

“I’m a dad. I have got a daughter and a son,” he added.

“My son would never do that and I would not let that happen to my daughter.

“It’s astonishing – it really is astonishing.”

A Met Police spokesman said officers are investigating after a woman was assaulted outside the well-known nightclub.

“The victim was taken to hospital for treatment,” he said.

“The incident is being treated as GBH.

“No arrests have been made.”

A Faces spokeswoman said: “We are deeply saddened and shocked by the incident that occurred on Saturday night. “We don’t tolerate any violence in or outside Faces nightclub.

“We have been working with the police in identifying the attacker via CCTV.

“The incident happened when the club was closed and all security had gone home. We send our well wishes to the victim and the family.’