Eyewitness speaks of ‘shock’ at seeing police officer ‘bitten’ in broad daylight in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A police officer was reportedly bitten so hard he “was actually bleeding” during an altercation with a man in Ilford yesterday.
A bystander described how two people were fighting outside the multistory car park in Clements Road, next to City Gates Church, at around 12.30pm.
“An officer ran past me over to them, it looked like there was a struggle.
“The officer took the guy down to the floor where he bit him, it was a pretty nasty bite too.”
The eyewitness claims the policeman then punched the man to restrain him and called for back up – two cars and a van.
“I was definitely shocked, the officer ran over to see if we saw everything and show why he punched him, the officer’s bite was actually bleeding.”
A police spokesman confirmed a man was arrested for common assault and assaulting a police officer.
- 1 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 2 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 3 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 4 Community opposition to Hainault bank closure
- 5 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 6 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 9 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
- 10 Five tower blocks included in housing plans for Sainsbury's in Ilford
Did you see the incident? Call our news desk on 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.