Eyewitness speaks of ‘shock’ at seeing police officer ‘bitten’ in broad daylight in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A police officer was reportedly bitten so hard he “was actually bleeding” during an altercation with a man in Ilford yesterday.
A bystander described how two people were fighting outside the multistory car park in Clements Road, next to City Gates Church, at around 12.30pm.
“An officer ran past me over to them, it looked like there was a struggle.
“The officer took the guy down to the floor where he bit him, it was a pretty nasty bite too.”
The eyewitness claims the policeman then punched the man to restrain him and called for back up – two cars and a van.
You may also want to watch:
“I was definitely shocked, the officer ran over to see if we saw everything and show why he punched him, the officer’s bite was actually bleeding.”
A police spokesman confirmed a man was arrested for common assault and assaulting a police officer.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 3 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
Did you see the incident? Call our news desk on 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.