Eyewitness speaks of ‘shock’ at seeing police officer ‘bitten’ in broad daylight in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A police officer was reportedly bitten so hard he “was actually bleeding” during an altercation with a man in Ilford yesterday.
A bystander described how two people were fighting outside the multistory car park in Clements Road, next to City Gates Church, at around 12.30pm.
“An officer ran past me over to them, it looked like there was a struggle.
“The officer took the guy down to the floor where he bit him, it was a pretty nasty bite too.”
The eyewitness claims the policeman then punched the man to restrain him and called for back up – two cars and a van.
You may also want to watch:
“I was definitely shocked, the officer ran over to see if we saw everything and show why he punched him, the officer’s bite was actually bleeding.”
A police spokesman confirmed a man was arrested for common assault and assaulting a police officer.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
Did you see the incident? Call our news desk on 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.