Eyewitness speaks of ‘shock’ at seeing police officer ‘bitten’ in broad daylight in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A police officer was reportedly bitten so hard he “was actually bleeding” during an altercation with a man in Ilford yesterday.
A bystander described how two people were fighting outside the multistory car park in Clements Road, next to City Gates Church, at around 12.30pm.
“An officer ran past me over to them, it looked like there was a struggle.
“The officer took the guy down to the floor where he bit him, it was a pretty nasty bite too.”
The eyewitness claims the policeman then punched the man to restrain him and called for back up – two cars and a van.
You may also want to watch:
“I was definitely shocked, the officer ran over to see if we saw everything and show why he punched him, the officer’s bite was actually bleeding.”
A police spokesman confirmed a man was arrested for common assault and assaulting a police officer.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
Did you see the incident? Call our news desk on 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.