Extra police patrols after Wanstead armed chase
- Credit: Michael Begley
Police have been carrying out extra patrols around Elmcroft Avenue, following the armed chase on November 1.
A car, being pursued by officers from East Ham, crashed into a wall and a parked Mercedes in the residential street in Wanstead.
The suspects, reportedly carrying a gun, were chased by police through people’s gardens.
Young children had to hide in their rooms while armed officers searched residents’ houses.
Two boys, a 16-year-old and a 17-year-old, were arrested at the scene for driving and firearms offences and have now been bailed.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still trying to trace the car’s other occupants, reportedly an additional two males.
Wendy Poulton, who lives around the corner in Elmcroft Gardens, said: “It shocked a lot of people. You don’t generally see crime in Wanstead.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 5 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 6 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 7 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims