Extra police patrols after Wanstead armed chase
- Credit: Michael Begley
Police have been carrying out extra patrols around Elmcroft Avenue, following the armed chase on November 1.
A car, being pursued by officers from East Ham, crashed into a wall and a parked Mercedes in the residential street in Wanstead.
The suspects, reportedly carrying a gun, were chased by police through people’s gardens.
Young children had to hide in their rooms while armed officers searched residents’ houses.
Two boys, a 16-year-old and a 17-year-old, were arrested at the scene for driving and firearms offences and have now been bailed.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still trying to trace the car’s other occupants, reportedly an additional two males.
Wendy Poulton, who lives around the corner in Elmcroft Gardens, said: “It shocked a lot of people. You don’t generally see crime in Wanstead.”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved