Man jailed for cannabis farm in Chigwell home
- Credit: Archant
A Chigwell man has been jailed for a year after close to 200 cannabis plants were discovered by Essex Police.
Valmir Beqiri, 25, of Limes Avenue, Chigwell, was sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court on Monday, April 6 after admitting producing cannabis.
At 12.40pm on Sunday, January 26, Essex Police executed a warrant and found 196 plants inside the Limes Avenue address.
The police arrested Beqiri after discovering every room was filled with plants and had been modified to help produce cannabis.
Sgt Robert Fitt said: “We responded to concerns from residents about drug activity at the address before gathering intelligence.
You may also want to watch:
“We will not tolerate drug crime in our communities, these cultivations fund organised crime groups as well as modern day slavery and human trafficking.
“Thanks to members of the public and proactive policing, we were able to take action and bring Beqiri to justice.”
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman