Man jailed for cannabis farm in Chigwell home
- Credit: Archant
A Chigwell man has been jailed for a year after close to 200 cannabis plants were discovered by Essex Police.
Valmir Beqiri, 25, of Limes Avenue, Chigwell, was sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court on Monday, April 6 after admitting producing cannabis.
At 12.40pm on Sunday, January 26, Essex Police executed a warrant and found 196 plants inside the Limes Avenue address.
The police arrested Beqiri after discovering every room was filled with plants and had been modified to help produce cannabis.
Sgt Robert Fitt said: “We responded to concerns from residents about drug activity at the address before gathering intelligence.
You may also want to watch:
“We will not tolerate drug crime in our communities, these cultivations fund organised crime groups as well as modern day slavery and human trafficking.
“Thanks to members of the public and proactive policing, we were able to take action and bring Beqiri to justice.”
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend