Man jailed for cannabis farm in Chigwell home
- Credit: Archant
A Chigwell man has been jailed for a year after close to 200 cannabis plants were discovered by Essex Police.
Valmir Beqiri, 25, of Limes Avenue, Chigwell, was sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court on Monday, April 6 after admitting producing cannabis.
At 12.40pm on Sunday, January 26, Essex Police executed a warrant and found 196 plants inside the Limes Avenue address.
The police arrested Beqiri after discovering every room was filled with plants and had been modified to help produce cannabis.
Sgt Robert Fitt said: “We responded to concerns from residents about drug activity at the address before gathering intelligence.
You may also want to watch:
“We will not tolerate drug crime in our communities, these cultivations fund organised crime groups as well as modern day slavery and human trafficking.
“Thanks to members of the public and proactive policing, we were able to take action and bring Beqiri to justice.”
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home