Epping Forest murder: Male suspect charged
- Credit: Archant
A 40-year-old man has been charged with the murder of Hidir Aksakal after his body was found close to Hollow Ponds, in Snaresbrook.
Mr Aksakal, 53, who was also known as Boxer Cetin and Musa Yakut, was discovered by a member of the public near Whipps Cross Road on September 9.
Remzi Akguc, of Margery Street, Islington, central London, appeared in Redbridge Magistrates Court on Saturday charged with murder.
Mr Akguc has been remanded in custody and will appeal at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
Another man, 22, was arrested on suspicion of murder last week and bailed.
Mr Aksakal lived in Margate, Kent, but had close links to the Green Lanes area of Haringey, north London, where he used to live.
He was last seen that area in the early hours of August 17.
- 1 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 2 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 3 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 4 Community opposition to Hainault bank closure
- 5 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 6 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
- 9 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 10 Young children in east London to be offered polio booster jabs
A post-mortem examination revealed he died from gunshot wounds.