Epping Forest murder: Male suspect charged
- Credit: Archant
A 40-year-old man has been charged with the murder of Hidir Aksakal after his body was found close to Hollow Ponds, in Snaresbrook.
Mr Aksakal, 53, who was also known as Boxer Cetin and Musa Yakut, was discovered by a member of the public near Whipps Cross Road on September 9.
Remzi Akguc, of Margery Street, Islington, central London, appeared in Redbridge Magistrates Court on Saturday charged with murder.
Mr Akguc has been remanded in custody and will appeal at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
Another man, 22, was arrested on suspicion of murder last week and bailed.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Aksakal lived in Margate, Kent, but had close links to the Green Lanes area of Haringey, north London, where he used to live.
He was last seen that area in the early hours of August 17.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 6 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 9 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
A post-mortem examination revealed he died from gunshot wounds.