Epping Forest murder: Male suspect charged
- Credit: Archant
A 40-year-old man has been charged with the murder of Hidir Aksakal after his body was found close to Hollow Ponds, in Snaresbrook.
Mr Aksakal, 53, who was also known as Boxer Cetin and Musa Yakut, was discovered by a member of the public near Whipps Cross Road on September 9.
Remzi Akguc, of Margery Street, Islington, central London, appeared in Redbridge Magistrates Court on Saturday charged with murder.
Mr Akguc has been remanded in custody and will appeal at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
Another man, 22, was arrested on suspicion of murder last week and bailed.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Aksakal lived in Margate, Kent, but had close links to the Green Lanes area of Haringey, north London, where he used to live.
He was last seen that area in the early hours of August 17.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 8 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 9 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
A post-mortem examination revealed he died from gunshot wounds.