Emergency services called to two garage fires in Hainault last night
- Credit: Google Maps
Police and fire services were called to two garages that are believed to have been set on fire deliberately in Hainault last night.
One of the garages contained two motorcycles, which were both destroyed in the blaze.
Two fire engines, one from Romford Fire Station and one from Hainault were called to the fire in Haldon Close, Hainault.
A spokesman from Hainault station told the Recorder that they received an emergency call at around 9pm last night (Sunday, February 18) and that they think the fires were both started deliberately.
They said that both garages were currently in use and contained mostly personal possessions.
You may also want to watch:
They said that the fire had been dealth with and put out within a matter of minutes, and that police were also at the scene.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 9 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 10 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge