Emergency services called to two garage fires in Hainault last night
- Credit: Google Maps
Police and fire services were called to two garages that are believed to have been set on fire deliberately in Hainault last night.
One of the garages contained two motorcycles, which were both destroyed in the blaze.
Two fire engines, one from Romford Fire Station and one from Hainault were called to the fire in Haldon Close, Hainault.
A spokesman from Hainault station told the Recorder that they received an emergency call at around 9pm last night (Sunday, February 18) and that they think the fires were both started deliberately.
They said that both garages were currently in use and contained mostly personal possessions.
You may also want to watch:
They said that the fire had been dealth with and put out within a matter of minutes, and that police were also at the scene.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge