Emergency services called to two garage fires in Hainault last night
- Credit: Google Maps
Police and fire services were called to two garages that are believed to have been set on fire deliberately in Hainault last night.
One of the garages contained two motorcycles, which were both destroyed in the blaze.
Two fire engines, one from Romford Fire Station and one from Hainault were called to the fire in Haldon Close, Hainault.
A spokesman from Hainault station told the Recorder that they received an emergency call at around 9pm last night (Sunday, February 18) and that they think the fires were both started deliberately.
They said that both garages were currently in use and contained mostly personal possessions.
You may also want to watch:
They said that the fire had been dealth with and put out within a matter of minutes, and that police were also at the scene.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 4 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 9 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays