Seven Kings stabbings: Ilford man charged with possession of offensive weapon after three killed in street fight
- Credit: PA
The Metropolitan Police have confirmed a 29-year-old Ilford man has been charged with possession of an offensive weapon in relation to the fatal stabbings of three men in Seven Kings on Sunday.
Gurjeet Singh, 29, of South Park Crescent, was charged on January 21 with possessing an offensive weapon in a public place.
He will appear in custody at Redbridge Magistrates' Court later today (Wednesday, January 22).
He remains under investigation in connection with the murders, while a second 39-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder remains in police custody.
The police are still not in a position to formally identify the three men who died in the wake of the altercation in Elmstead Road at around 7.40pm on Sunday, January 19.
You may also want to watch:
However, they have confirmed their ages as 29, 30 and 38 years old respectively.
Detectives are still ensuring that all next of kin have been informed.
- 1 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 2 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Gants Hill care worker's daughter wins Bafta
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 9 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 10 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
A Met Police spokesman added: "Enquiries around motive for this incident continue, however we do not believe it to be gang related.
"Officers at this stage are not seeking to make any further arrests for murder."
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3865 or to remain 100% anonymous call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.